Previously Owned By Slash Adds $45k To R9?

Ridleyd

Reaction score

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
just bend over, open your wallet and give those ass clowns at Music Zoo all your money.... Someone will buy it, but not for their ridiculous asking price....

DanD

Reaction score
They did the same with a bunch of Steve Miller gear.

Price gouging wasn't so rampant but Steve Miller doesn't have an emoji...

45K must be the emoji tax...:slash:

ESchmidt

Reaction score

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score

Seriously?
More like $48.000, but at that point. There is another thread on this too.

ManicPete

Reaction score
IF I won the lottery and was genuinely interested in such a guitar, I'd want a list of every single song of every single performance an artist used the guitar.

They probably got their hands on it in a roundabout way and now are trying to flog it to some guy at prob 5 times the price they paid for it.

The sad thing is someone will buy it.

And Slash's "tone" (as much as I love the guy - Rocket Queen FTW) is kinda meh after a while.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Provenance is, like many aspects of gear, purely subjective. The seller is hoping to find THAT GUY with the Slash shrine in his home who will gladly pay a massive premium for this guitar. I agree with @strat1701 , someone will buy it but probably for significantly less than that asking price.

I also agree with @ManicPete that Slash's tone has never been one to covet. His playing is cool and I dig some of GnR's music, but all the AFD tone chasing always struck me as kind of odd.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
.... Gibson Deluxe tuners...coming from two different sets too...(is he selling original tuners on Reverb for 15K??). sigh.

guitaroholic

Reaction score
for that money you could probably hire Slash to jam with you for a couple hours. would be a much greater experience. and you could have him sign and play all of your own guitars

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
for that money you could probably hire Slash to jam with you for a couple hours. would be a much greater experience. and you could have him sign and play all of your own guitars
In 1988 you could have done it for a 5th of jack, half a pack of Marb reds and a few lines.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 1988 you could have done it for a 5th of jack, half a pack of Marb reds and a few lines.
He would also personally irrigate all of your potted house plants.........