Presonus 1810C

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody using one of these?

Bought a Macbook Air M1 and about to fall off into the rabbit hole.... Looking at one of the 1810C USB C interfaces....

I plan to buy Logic Pro.... I like what I've read/watched so far....

I may be falling into the rabbit hole but don't wanna go Antelope or UA deep.... It'll be for just playing around with at the house...

edro.

Dilver

Reaction score
If you’re already using a Presonus interface, why not use Studio One?

Reactions: ehb

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not already using one. Considering buying one.

If I do decide on the Presonus box, I will probably load the free Studio One Artist included and play with it. I have looked at Logic Pro and like what I see as far as that package, especially using my iPad remote for different functions besides mixing....

I may prefer Studio One, may not.... I won't know unless I run em both... Logic is relatively cheap for the package...

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Studio One is awesome IMHO. I have the Presonus Studio 18/10 USB (without the C) interface, and it serves all my purposes. USB 2.0 is the best my computer will do. When I upgrade my computer, I will change...

but I love the PreSonus stuff. Mine is several years old (out of date), so I don't know what software changes have taken place since. I would start with the 'on board' stuff that comes with the box and see where that gets you.... I haven't even scratched the surface.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Studio One is awesome IMHO. I have the Presonus Studio 18/10 USB (without the C) interface, and it serves all my purposes. USB 2.0 is the best my computer will do. When I upgrade my computer, I will change...

but I love the PreSonus stuff. Mine is several years old (out of date), so I don't know what software changes have taken place since. I would start with the 'on board' stuff that comes with the box and see where that gets you.... I haven't even scratched the surface.
Thanks for the info!

edro.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I find that lot of people are using Logic 4444441q2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 <that was my new kitten stepping on my keyboard :)

DSC00055.jpg

As I was saying....most musicians I know are using Logic.....they are not pro audio guys but very good, pro musicians.

LPSGME

Reaction score
Even if you never have need for any of Logic's bells and whistles, at least they are there should you ever need them. So step right up to the Logical mystery tour.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find that lot of people are using Logic 4444441q2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 <that was my new kitten stepping on my keyboard :)

View attachment 550236

As I was saying....most musicians I know are using Logic.....they are not pro audio guys but very good, pro musicians.

A bud since I was a young ass teen has done music for tv/movies/etc for decades and owns a studio... Emmy nominations and shit... He is a pro. You've probably heard his stuff over the years if you watch any tv.... Anyway, he swears by Logic on his Macs.... He once told me several years back, Logic comes with what you have to buy to. get with others... He said with Logic, he has what he needs to get the job done to his level of satisfaction....

He kinda emphasized 'has what he needs'.... I know folks that buy every plugin out there, so far down the rabbit hole, it'll takes six months to decide which EQ to use... I see his point. I'd be happy with one plugin that can emulate that old green front tube EQ....

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Honestly Edro, the popular ones are all pretty much the same, they certainly don't sound different....just different GUI. Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper etc....

The native plugins are great in all of them now. To me the most important plugins are EQ, compression, reverbs.
Sure delays are important but they are pretty hard to screw up...a delay is a delay. Everything else is just specialty stuff.

redking

Reaction score
I normally use UA Luna, but have used Logic ProX in the past. There are certain tricks you need to employ with Logic to store your sound library / plugins on an external hard drive (utilizing thunderbolt connection) for it to run smooth once you start to accumulate lots of tracks. I also have the same issue with Luna once I get about 20 tracks going and am about to start doing vocals. I have had to create a work around where I bounce a rough mix to a stereo track and then create a new session to do my vocals.
For a new project I am experimenting with Reaper and am interested to see how it compares in terms of the UI - so far it has been fine for me.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ehb, when you bought your new Mac you inspired me to get one too, I did a lot of reading regarding different interfaces and in the end I went with the focusrite scarlet 4i4 and I bought Logic.

Not only is Logic ridiculously easy to use and it set itself up automatically, but the scarlet sounds great and it set itself up automatically too.

The Presonus is fantastic and I almost went that way too

Going from Pro Tools to Logic was the best thing I’ve ever done recording wise

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ehb, when you bought your new Mac you inspire me to get one too, I did a lot of reading regarding different interfaces and in the end I went with the focusrite scarlet 4i4 and I bought Logic.

Not only is Logic ridiculously easy to use and it set itself up automatically, but the scarlet sounds great and it set itself up automatically too.

The Presonus is fantastic and I almost went that way too

Going from Pro Tools to Logic was the best thing I’ve ever done recording wise
Cool beans! Hope you like your new Mac as much as I like mine...

Thanks for the info on the Scarlett!

I am looking forward to playing with Logic... On vacation with the wife this week down in beach country...so that will have to wait....

Thanks again for the info, bud!

edro.

chef

Reaction score
The latest version of Logic is great, they redid a lot of things about a year or so ago. Made me fall in love with it again.

It is a bit of a steep learning curve due to the tons and tons of features... but if you know another DAW, its probably quite similar.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the most important plugins are EQ, compression, reverbs.

When I get cranked up with my home studio of sorts, I hope one day to find ONE plugin for Dig Rev that gives me a conglomeration of a nice clean rev and control like the big Eventide over at bud's studio, nice tweakable gate control on all Dig Revs so I can control that obnoxious woo wooing hanging shit, and a 31 GILLION ZILLION band EQ. so I can carve out all the shit that Rev throws back in the mix that makes a room suck ass to begin with....

I'll probably never find one like that... Oh well...

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When I get cranked up with my home studio of sorts, I hope one day to find ONE plugin for Dig Rev that gives me a conglomeration of a nice clean rev and control like the big Eventide over at bud's studio, nice tweakable gate control on all Dig Revs so I can control that obnoxious woo wooing hanging shit, and a 31 GILLION ZILLION band EQ. so I can carve out all the shit that Rev throws back in the mix that makes a room suck ass to begin with....

I'll probably never find one like that... Oh well...
For a reverb plugin I really like Altiverb. IR convolution samples of many spaces and even classic gear. I have a real EMT plate in the studio and Altiverb has very comparable EMT IRs
A couple of other go to IRs are AMS non linear verbs and of course Lexicon 480. Great bang for the buck. .

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a reverb plugin I really like Altiverb. IR convolution samples of many spaces and even classic gear. I have a real EMT plate in the studio and Altiverb has very comparable EMT IRs
A couple of other go to IRs are AMS non linear verbs and of course Lexicon 480. Great bang for the buck. .
Thanks for the info. Freddy.... I'll have to research those....

Ed

Latest Threads