Preferred Vendor For Les Paul Potentiometers ?

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Haven't kept up with parts suppliers and the good names. I need to find a vendor for a replacement for
my Traditional's bridge tone pot. I believe the tone pots are 500ohm audio taper long shaft pots.

Classicplayer

Davey Rock

Reaction score
I love stewmac and the prices are absolutely reasonable, it’s just the shipping and tax that kills me. If I were you, I’d honestly just go straight to gibsons, fenders, Emerson custom, or other companies alike that are directly linked to guitars and their parts. Just make sure the company has good reviews and high quality. However, the company doesn’t always determine quality. The suppliers that they buy their products from are what you have to look out for. If the product doesn’t have a brand name, or they do and they don’t have their own website, I say you got a 50/50 chance for them.
If you want quality, like I said go straight to the guitar company website or go to Emerson custom. Their company is directly focused on high quality guitar electronics.

Roxy13

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are looking for in a pot.

The VIPs supposedly have a similar taper to the vintage Centralabs. These are currently my favorite pots.

When I use CTS pots I like the ones Art of Tone gets. He gets special tapers and yes, tighter tolerances.

Bourns pots have more friction in the taper, which is nice if you are a person that accidentally turns your knobs when you are playing lol.

TM1

Reaction score
I use the VIP Pots!! I have them in my Murphy Lab R-9. I didn't mind the CTS ones that came with it until one of the Tone pots stopped working. I took it out and took it apart and found that there's not much tension holding the wiper of the pot onto the carbon track. If I pulled up on it then it would work, but only as long as I was holding it..makes it a bit difficult to play with one hand holding the pot..lol. The VIP's work flawlessly, just like my old Centralab's

Latest Threads