Pre NGD: Bacchus 1st Gen Twehty Four Ash 4 Bass

Eagle X

Reaction score
I joined this forum when I restarted playing guitar in my middle age. And I used to play metal riffs and easy solos most of the time. But recently I started to like a new genre, which I cannot accurately define. Those songs include Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Oats in the Water, Paul Davids Hopin', etc. And I really like baselines in those songs. I asked myself, why not selling one or two guitars and buying myself a bass?

Then here it is:

Bacchus.jpg

Bacchus 2.jpg

* Photos provided by the seller

I pulled the trigger without enough information to support my decision. I've never played bass before. And I tried to watch tons of youtube videos about bass. But unfortunately there isn't much information about this model. All I learned is that it's the 1st Gen of Twenty Four. And it's one of top models Bacchus made in early 2000s, probably? I chose it purely because I have faith in Bacchus guitars. I own four of them. Two of Bacchus oil finish P90s are my absolute favorite. So when this bass came into my sight, I just felt "you should be mine".

I really hope I made a right decision. And I'm very grateful if you'd like to share your thoughts about this bass. Thank you.

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bacchus makes good stuff.

Did you check the Japanese guitar and bass catalog section yet for information?

Sure you know this already, but there is a section at the top of the Other Single Cut forum with a list of catalogs by manufacturer.

Enjoy Your new Bass.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

Eagle X

Reaction score
Bacchus makes good stuff.

Did you check the Japanese guitar and bass catalog section yet for information?

Suremyou know this already, but there is a section at the top of the Other Single Cut forum with a list of catalogs by manufacturer.

Enjoy Your new Bass.

I checked the link above. The first appearance of 'Twenty Four' was in the 2008 catalogue. And it's the 2nd Gen, which has coil split and 3 band EQ. I haven't found the 1st Gen in earlier catalogues. But I heard from some youtube video that the 1st Gen was produced between 2000 and 2004.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Handmade Series started in 2001

"This series uses the highest quality timbers and hardware. These are the top of the range from Bacchus and are custom shop quality. The hand made series has become so popular that guitars are generally ordered off the production line months in advance and sold out before they are completed"

Latest Threads