Pre-NGD: 1974 Les Paul Custom Alpine White

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi,

So this is just a pre-cursor to a longer thread to come. I've been hunting for an original Randy Rhoads-esque Les Paul Custom for about 10 years, off and on. I've owned a great '89 Custom Black Beauty that I've dubbed 'The Road Warrior" bc of the heavy, natural wear on the back & back of neck. I've had that one since 2010, & I love it, but it's not the Grail :fingersx:
I've started recently to have bad GAS for a real '74 - '75 white Custom, like Randy's. The prices recently have been escalating, so I figured it was a now or never scenario.
With some very helpful assistance of a some of our esteemed members, especially dwagar & roodyrocker (thanks Rudy!!!), I've managed to source my absolute dream, holy grail Les Paul. This will soon be transformed into a RR lookalike, but these are some pics in mid-transformation.....more details to follow. Also, if anyone is interested in the '89, please let me know. I have to sell a few to make this work ;)

IMG_0554.jpg

BKS

Reaction score
Awe drool, i will have to do with my burny, no budget for a real gibby of that time. Been looking and drooling tho.... Would Love to get one...

KS 5150

Reaction score
put the 89 in the classifieds......post plenty of good, clear pics and let us know the price etc.
Thanks guys!! Taken me a good decade to trade up to this point.....HCT, thanks, I will do so. I have one person who has diibs….but if they don't do it, it will be here shortly. Best thing, with ebony, no CITES. I can ship anywhere....pics here as a teaser:

LPC II .JPG
LPC I .JPG

KS 5150

Reaction score
Awe drool, i will have to do with my burny, no budget for a real gibby of that time. Been looking and drooling tho.... Would Love to get one...
I've noticed recently the prices have taken an uptick. With the weak Canadian dollar, there's one on Reverb now for $11k....which is crazy!

Reactions: BKS

KS 5150

Reaction score
At that price, he is not selling.

Also laughable AD.
Spellcheck would be his friend. I don't think anyone is gonna pony up big bucks for a Randy Rhodes Les Paul that he played with Ozzy Osborn
:laugh2:

scozz

Reaction score
With the weak Canadian dollar, there's one on Reverb now for $11k....which is crazy!
:shock:

Must be a guy telling his wife,.....”but honey I’ve got it listed for sale”!!

That’s crazy!

Rds

Reaction score
Very nice. I would certainly want that one too.
:hippie:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Hi,

So this is just a pre-cursor to a longer thread to come. I've been hunting for an original Randy Rhoads-esque Les Paul Custom for about 10 years, off and on. I've owned a great '89 Custom Black Beauty that I've dubbed 'The Road Warrior" bc of the heavy, natural wear on the back & back of neck. I've had that one since 2010, & I love it, but it's not the Grail :fingersx:
I've started recently to have bad GAS for a real '74 - '75 white Custom, like Randy's. The prices recently have been escalating, so I figured it was a now or never scenario.
With some very helpful assistance of a some of our esteemed members, especially dwagar & roodyrocker (thanks Rudy!!!), I've managed to source my absolute dream, holy grail Les Paul. This will soon be transformed into a RR lookalike, but these are some pics in mid-transformation.....more details to follow. Also, if anyone is interested in the '89, please let me know. I have to sell a few to make this work ;)

View attachment 382632
View attachment 382633
View attachment 382634
I...I..I... LIKE IT :dude: .

Eternal Scar

Reaction score
Thanks very much! I'm trying not to play it as it's supposed to be an upcoming birthday gift....but failing miserably lol!
That is for sure a grail guitar! RR is one of my hero's too I would love to own that one!

Latest Threads