Pre Crime?

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
They probably have that in China- THE SURVEILLANCE STATE outdoor cameras at least every 200 fet with your name and personal info pops up when the camera sees your face sleep well its here already.

Oh man there was a tv show like that recently, where they tracked and protected people with cameras and stuff.

It’s creepy

Death Incarnate

Premium V.I.P.
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah? Well if some nut-case is shooting up a convent or day-care center, you'd better hope that people like me with our guns drop the asshole in the dirt.
I don't spend a lot of time at convents and daycare centers. In fact, I don't think I've been to either in many decades. I would prefer concealed firearm would-be-heros spend more time in, say, supermarkets, shopping malls, guitar stores, etc.

MSB

Reaction score
I don't spend a lot of time at convents and daycare centers. In fact, I don't think I've been to either in many decades. I would prefer concealed firearm would-be-heros spend more time in, say, supermarkets, shopping malls, guitar stores, etc.
the old adage, "I don't have to outrun the bear, just you?" I don't want to be a hero, EVER, when I carry, its simply to protect me and mine.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Taking affirmative steps towards executing your potential crime is different than hating someone.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Oh man there was a tv show like that recently, where they tracked and protected people with cameras and stuff.

It’s creepy
Yup i saw the documentary FUN WORLD THESE DAYS no wonder folks a re pumpin the nostalgia train these days.:):confused:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
the old adage, "I don't have to outrun the bear, just you?" I don't want to be a hero, EVER, when I carry, its simply to protect me and mine.
EXACTLY THIS. How many victims of these shootings in the last 250,000 yrs were legally armed??
I ain’t no hero.
Not paid to be, not interested in it.
I’m not risking my freedom or life for other people. I’m not a cop or (any longer) an enlisted man.
Me.
Mine.
Period.
And I’ll be herding them towards an exit, if possible.
With my goddam hillbilly luck, I’d shoot a guy with an AK-47 with 20 extra mags and VX nerve gas and I’d end up sued and imprisoned.
I’ll risk it for my family.
Not for yours.
Sorry.
Arm your own goddam self.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Here's a picture:

Gunman storms a venue, and starts shooting. 911 is called and the police show up like Dayton in 30 seconds.

4-5 concealed carry gunmen are at the scene and the Police have ZERO idea who's the bad guy shooting. I'd hate to be the "good guy" who gets gunned down by the cops because I'm in a volatile situation seen with a gun.

Lawsuits ensue.

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do state or federal laws absolve a good guy with a gun if he shoots and kills a bad guy with a gun if the bad guy was not threatening the good guy's family?

CB91710

Reaction score
Do state or federal laws absolve a good guy with a gun if he shoots and kills a bad guy with a gun if the bad guy was not threatening the good guy's family?
It depends on the state.
In most states, deadly force is justified in the defense of another person. If you're in Walmart and someone opens up in the next isle over, if you can get a clear shot and have the opportunity, you're not likely to be charged. A justification could easily be that you had no opportunity to retreat without becoming a target.
In some states, deadly force is justified if it is to prevent a felony from being committed... I would not want to be facing the jury in ANY state after shooting someone attempting to steal a car.

But see above.
If someone busts into my building and starts shooting, carrying or not, the options remain the same... run, hide, fight. In that order. The gun simply provides an edge on the odds of making an escape alive.
Anyone within my "umbrella" is welcome to be there, but if I have the opportunity to move to cover and GTFO of the building, I'm not waiting for you.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Here's a picture:

Gunman storms a venue, and starts shooting. 911 is called and the police show up like Dayton in 30 seconds.

4-5 concealed carry gunmen are at the scene and the Police have ZERO idea who's the bad guy shooting. I'd hate to be the "good guy" who gets gunned down by the cops because I'm in a volatile situation seen with a gun.

Lawsuits ensue.
Oh, it’s actually really easy.
“Good guys” with guns don’t point weapons at cops or shoot night club patrons/employees/owners/monkeys in cages, so cops don’t shoot or prosecute.
What are the odds that cops barge in when bad guy has gun pointed at you and you have gun pointed at bad guy?
And 30 seconds is probably a pretty rare response time for police.
If you’re ok with being shot, fine.
Send a post card from the afterlife.
Some people aren’t.

CB91710

Reaction score
What are the odds that cops barge in when bad guy has gun pointed at you and you have gun pointed at bad guy?
And 30 seconds is probably a pretty rare response time for police.
This.
The typical defensive shooting follows the rule of 3.... takes place at 3 yards or less, 3 rounds are fired, and it's over in 3 seconds.
If you're still in a shootout by the time the cops arrive, you have not honestly attempted to disengage and escape.
A *good* response time for the cops is 8 minutes if it's not some kind of special event where they have a temporary substation on-site like a concert or county fair.

As stated above, we are not heroes, we don't carry intending to be heroes. We carry to survive.
Do your best to be a good witness... let the cops be the heroes.