Pre Crime?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gun possession being one obvious marker.
Yeah? Well if some nut-case is shooting up a convent or day-care center, you'd better hope that people like me with our guns drop the asshole in the dirt.

Can't do that with protest signs and wistful tears. You can't throw the signs far enough to hit the guy with.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
So, what constitutes a "red flag"? If you do a google search for "Proud Boys" will that show up in a background check and disqualify you? Who gets to decide what is or isnt problematic?

Last edited:

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Wasn't there a Tom Cruise movie about this about 10 or 15 years ago?

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
when Boys were taught to act like Men and not crybaby little bitches,.. they didn't go shoot up their school.

Just sayin',......
True.

When I was in school and got into it with another kid we were given a choice. Get your ass beat with the paddle or strap up the gloves in the gym. Also the parking lot was always full of rifles in gun racks and trunks and nobody ever shot anyone.

If my mom found out I got in trouble at school I got another ass whooping' when I got home.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is the psychological issues. Those will make themselves more evident when amplified by drugs. The disintegration of the core family and kids who are raised to always win a trophy can't deal with real life!
*stands on soap box*
Yes, this entirely. I blame a lot of this on an inadequate family unit, and I blame the destruction of the family unit on our social worship of the economy. Our (global) economy has f****d us in the *** in two major ways that I can see. Firstly, by blurring the line between 'adult' and 'child' thinking to try and get more impulse buying and poor financial decision making to increase sales. The flip-side of this is it takes away some of the hard truths about being an adult, leading to a society that wants to remain child-like, including the 'it's not fair' temper tantrums when they don't get what they want, when they want, on credit.

The second is the drive of modern society to worship the economy and the dollar. Always being pushed to have the latest and newest stuff, the big house and the big TV, has set up our economy to require (more often than not) both parents to be working to afford a house, 2 cars, the netflix subscription on the big TV and Little Jimmy's brand new gaming console and action figures. This combined with the demonification of 'stay at home' parents (in this country at least) means that kids are either not being raised by a family unit effectively (i.e. they're tired, over worked and still expected to be able to 'do it all') or are being raised by day care because parents are too selfish to give up their comforts and career to properly raise their kids.

I am poor but my family is rich. I drive a 25 year old car with nearly 500 000km's on it, I have a small 3 bedroom house, a 12 year old TV (small by todays standards) and I don't go overseas. But my family is rich because I have a housewife. She is always there to pick the kids up from school, make sure they're behaving and to teach them how to be good humans while I'm off working for the man. The house is kept in a reasonable state and the kids know if they're sick or need something mum is there. I am rich because I have 3 boys turning into young men that are kind, thoughtful and confident because we have a strong family unit. In my eyes very much in part because we're rebelling against the modern social push to have both parents working and spending.

I don't know enough about the shooters to know if this is the reason they turned out the way they did, but a kid raised 'right' would never do such a thing. Medicated or not. Period.

I don't know if this is a correct answer to the problem but I certainly feel like it's part of it. I hope so, because if one of my boys ever did something to take anothers' life I wouldn't know how to reconcile that with the kids I know to be my boys.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
*stands on soap box*
Yes, this entirely. I blame a lot of this on an inadequate family unit, and I blame the destruction of the family unit on our social worship of the economy. Our (global) economy has f****d us in the *** in two major ways that I can see. Firstly, by blurring the line between 'adult' and 'child' thinking to try and get more impulse buying and poor financial decision making to increase sales. The flip-side of this is it takes away some of the hard truths about being an adult, leading to a society that wants to remain child-like, including the 'it's not fair' temper tantrums when they don't get what they want, when they want, on credit.

The second is the drive of modern society to worship the economy and the dollar. Always being pushed to have the latest and newest stuff, the big house and the big TV, has set up our economy to require (more often than not) both parents to be working to afford a house, 2 cars, the netflix subscription on the big TV and Little Jimmy's brand new gaming console and action figures. This combined with the demonification of 'stay at home' parents (in this country at least) means that kids are either not being raised by a family unit effectively (i.e. they're tired, over worked and still expected to be able to 'do it all') or are being raised by day care because parents are too selfish to give up their comforts and career to properly raise their kids.

I am poor but my family is rich. I drive a 25 year old car with nearly 500 000km's on it, I have a small 3 bedroom house, a 12 year old TV (small by todays standards) and I don't go overseas. But my family is rich because I have a housewife. She is always there to pick the kids up from school, make sure they're behaving and to teach them how to be good humans while I'm off working for the man. The house is kept in a reasonable state and the kids know if they're sick or need something mum is there. I am rich because I have 3 boys turning into young men that are kind, thoughtful and confident because we have a strong family unit. In my eyes very much in part because we're rebelling against the modern social push to have both parents working and spending.

I don't know enough about the shooters to know if this is the reason they turned out the way they did, but a kid raised 'right' would never do such a thing. Medicated or not. Period.

I don't know if this is a correct answer to the problem but I certainly feel like it's part of it. I hope so, because if one of my boys ever did something to take anothers' life I wouldn't know how to reconcile that with the kids I know to be my boys.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.
:thumbs:

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am poor but my family is rich. I drive a 25 year old car with nearly 500 000km's on it, I have a small 3 bedroom house, a 12 year old TV (small by today's standards) and I don't go overseas. But my family is rich because I have a housewife. She is always there to pick the kids up from school, make sure they're behaving and to teach them how to be good humans while I'm off working for the man. The house is kept in a reasonable state and the kids know if they're sick or need something mum is there. I am rich because I have 3 boys turning into young men that are kind, thoughtful and confident because we have a strong family unit. In my eyes very much in part because we're rebelling against the modern social push to have both parents working and spending.
Not sure I agree with the rest of the shooter logic, but I'm raising a toast to you for not getting sucked into the superficial consumerist greed machine. Well done.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I'm probably miles off, but I'm sure its a factor at whatever percentage. If I had the answer we'd no longer have the problem :)

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I'm raising a toast to you for not getting sucked into the superficial consumerist greed machine. Well done.
Of course this goes out the window when I start lusting over another guitar lol.
...but then again that's not superficial, is it.......?

Death Incarnate

Premium V.I.P.
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Check out the HBO documentary Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop.

People go to jail all the time for intent without any actual criminal action being performed.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Listening to the media outlets and some law enforcement gurus lately make one wonder if they’ll get to the point where they arrest folks before they commit a crime based on their online persona and disposition?

They are trying to find out where these shooters are going rogue and developing the snapping point so they can spot it in future gunmen.

I used to think Pre crime was for the movies but it may be coming to a town near us one day
They probably have that in China- THE SURVEILLANCE STATE outdoor cameras at least every 200 fet with your name and personal info pops up when the camera sees your face sleep well its here already.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
PS wish i was making that shit up-im not-Chinas gloating about it.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
"Valle was arrested after his wife discovered he was spending time in chat rooms describing detailed plans to..."

And there you have it.