Pre Crime?

Deus Vult

Reaction score
This is why I always look to people in countries like the UK or Sweden on issues like this; ie countries that jail citizens over tweets

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
I think they already do this for threats to the President, and maybe other figures. :dunno:

So where does one draw the line.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I think they already do this for threats to the President, and maybe other figures. :dunno:

So where does one draw the line.
Not the same thing.

What the OP is referring to is people being arrested for basically spouting off BS.

Make a direct threat against a sitting President?...

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
Not the same thing.

What the OP is referring to is people being arrested for basically spouting off BS.

Make a direct threat against a sitting President?...

I guess that is the question ... where do we draw the line between what is BS and what is not.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong or illegal with me hating anyone. Please don't give away my Constitutional rights to make yourselves feel batter, safer or whatever.

"Minority Report" type of pre-crime is, and has been, creeping into our society. While being on the lookout for potential bad actors is a prudent component of vigilance, infringing upon an American citizen's God-given and Constitutionally enshrined rights is not acceptable. Sanctioning individuals for what they might do is unAmerican and unConstitutional.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Doesn't it seem like all these School/Spree Shooters are on medication?

Why are so many people medicated and have "anxiety" lately is beyond me but I find it ridiculous. I swear it seems like most of the people I know "Have Anxiety" and take medication for it.

Life is hard, it makes you worry, you learn to deal with it you don't just get stoned and ignore it. :rolleyes:

Olds442

Reaction score
No one just "snaps" clear out of the blue.
Las Vegas shooter, is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and his plans stretched over a month from the evidence we know about. but that's pretty close to snapping out of he blue.

rcole_sooner

Reaction score

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Doesn't it seem like all these School/Spree Shooters are on medication?

Why are so many people medicated and have "anxiety" lately is beyond me but I find it ridiculous. I swear it seems like most of the people I know "Have Anxiety" and take medication for it.

Life is hard, it makes you worry, you learn to deal with it you don't just get stoned and ignore it. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking it is the psychological issues. Those will make themselves more evident when amplified by drugs. The disintegration of the core family and kids who are raised to always win a trophy can't deal with real life!

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
plus we don't know the long term effects these drugs have on the developing brain because we've never had a generation before that's raised from childhood on mood stabilizing and psychotropic drugs given out like candy.

I'm not saying some of these kids probably don't need them, but the numbers make it seem like all the kids are on them.

Seemingly every parent I know their kid is on something. "Little Timmy has depression and anxiety." ... Yeah! It's called being a Teenager!:facepalm:

Learning how to deal with life and control your impulses and emotions is part of growing up and being an Adult Human.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why I always look to people in countries like the UK or Sweden on issues like this; ie countries that jail citizens over tweets
People take free speech for granted. Just say the wrong damn thing over there, and you're off the the klink. Here, you get "likes".

-Yet they bitch about this country like they hate to live here.