Pre Crime?

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listening to the media outlets and some law enforcement gurus lately make one wonder if they’ll get to the point where they arrest folks before they commit a crime based on their online persona and disposition?

They are trying to find out where these shooters are going rogue and developing the snapping point so they can spot it in future gunmen.

I used to think Pre crime was for the movies but it may be coming to a town near us one day

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Listening to the media outlets and some law enforcement gurus lately make one wonder if they’ll get to the point where they arrest folks before they commit a crime based on their online persona and disposition?

They are trying to find out where these shooters are going rogue and developing the snapping point so they can spot it in future gunmen.

I used to think Pre crime was for the movies but it may be coming to a town near us one day
I think there are indicators, if we figure out where to look. Past history of violence, a record of crazy extreme hate toward a group (or toward everyone), past run ins involving weapons, threats or "manifestos" followed by purchases of a stupid amount of ammo or weapons in a very short period of time, etc.

No one just "snaps" clear out of the blue.

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, there are definitely indicators and markers, how they identify them will be interesting

CB91710

Reaction score
But what if someone is "hateful"? (Said in a whiny ass voice)
That's the problem.
Without safeguards and penalties for false reports, you end up with the same people flagging posts on Social Media also flagging every gun owner they discover.
Due process or not, it is a MAJOR hassle, and costly both in time and money to be found "not guilty" or even have the charges dropped.
In California, if the cops have your guns (for whatever reason, TRO, "red flag", recovered from a crime scene, recovered stolen property) you have to file an LEGR with the DOJ to be cleared to get them back.
That process is $100... and I'm not clear on if that is $100 per gun, or $100 for as many as you can list on the form. Based on my boss's experiences with his nutjob ex-wife's false accusations and TROs, I believe it is one fee for the set.
But besides that, every time she pulled her BS, it cost him between 10 and 20k in attorney fees to set up his defense... then the morning of the hearing, she'd drop the claim.
She knew how to game the system and cost him a ton of money.

Get called out on a "red flag" law, you're going to have all of the above, and it will likely cost you your job if you don't work for a small company with 2A friendly owners.

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole thing seems weird but not far fetched anymore.

I don’t think it will happen in my lifetime but I think it’s going to get going in that direction one day, trippy as hell if you think about it