Powered Kemper in my possesion

matthew bear

Reaction score
Well, I have a powered Kemper rack and controller, and its rad! Running it into the Orange 2x12 with cabs disabled.

Man, I really missed certain things about these units, mainly vox tones. Vox sounds strangely good even thru a unorthodox cab choice.

When I get back from my vacation trip next week, the helix will be up for grabs...

matthew bear

Reaction score
I tried a similar experiment with the helix using a bad cat unleash for power, but I find the Kemper to be much more convincing. I do not like FRFR setups at all, it seems. :hmm:

Brewdude

Reaction score
In a possibly stupid move I sold my unpowered Kemper and FRFR cabinet as there was always something to me that made a lot of the profiles sound too similar, too perfect maybe. I've since regretted it and have been convincing myself the powered route and a traditional cab may much more to my liking so very interested in your thoughts on this.

matthew bear

Reaction score
There's a certain something that you can identify in the kemper for sure... but that something sits in a mix better than a real amp IMO (people often can identify the kemper solo, but mistake it for the real thing in a mix over the real thing).

My orange cab is really big sounding, and with say tweed era amps, it's really huge! It really paints a picture for the tweed to Marshall timeline... they all sound huge with this cab :laugh2:

fleahead

Reaction score
I'm using my profiler thru a 30watt digital amp into a 2-12" with two different Warehouse speakers and I dig it.