Posting Pictures Online May Show Where You Live

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm glad I use a stand alone digital camera that has no GPS, and thus has no GPS info to imbed.

hecube

Reaction score
Why do you think I post pics in here?

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Always disable geotagging on your camera app. There are other apps to strip the tags from your phone for existing pictures.

zeronalo

Reaction score
I hope they do.
I've been wanting to try out some new Hornady.
:naughty:

do you find that hollow points are beneficial? over penetration is always a concern. I'd be in deep **** if say I accidentally killed my wife's cat or chickens.

Thanks in advance
Freddy

Hack

Reaction score
do you find that hollow points are beneficial? over penetration is always a concern. I'd be in deep **** if say I accidentally killed my wife's cat or chickens.

Thanks in advance
Freddy

Ballistic tips FTW.

10076812.jpg

foxtrot

Reaction score
Whaaat is going on here?

The fact that there's tons of software out there and other ways to view geo or other exif info isn't really the problem.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mienengeshoss

Pazergranaten

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
If people don't understand the technology they're using then maybe they shouldn't be so eager to use it.

Pop1655

Reaction score
Dammit Jim, they found us.
Now the tracking guy knows where we are.

Pop1655

Reaction score
Where are my manners!
Welcome to MLP

Sct13

Reaction score
If people don't understand the technology they're using then maybe they shouldn't be so eager to use it.

*statement not directed at oldbenkenobi....just a general view*

true but because there are leaps and bounds in software and technology every day . the average joe is complacent, and therefore becomes a target to those that would hunt him.....I'm very techno, savy but have a different life that doesn't check the status of new developers daily.

Should I arm myself with every little scrape of code that can harm or track me?

I guess I'm just tired of the constant scamming....

I looked into this and I see where he put the blame, on the cell phone companies for tracking, its true your phone knows where you are if you have it with you. You can turn off the "Feature" (nice of them to tell us it was even a potential problem)

And if you want to fall in line with all the other sheep and wear a little ear tag so they know where your at all the time then fine....

Here is something fro you mr internet....

My phone is Never on me....I might go to the store and buy something without it....I may even NOT take it with me to that special place I don't want you to know about....I may even ....turn it off while I travel ......OMG what now....

Oh offer a discount with insurance companies for a car tracker....nice.....how about NO....but now I gotta pay more and not be like the rest of the sheep who get a discount.....

People keep allowing this BS to continue and we will be the Borg....the collective and we will like it....

wake up

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Guess I'm glad I use a stand alone digital camera that has no GPS, and thus has no GPS info to imbed.

:thumb:

Yes, call me old fashioned. I still use a camera to take pictures and a phone to make calls. I don't want to take pictures with my phone and I don't want to make calls with my camera. :cool:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I find it rather ironic that the majority of the people complaining about geo-tagging also use Facebook.

Not a personal shot at anyone here, btw.

Hack

Reaction score
That stuff shoots great in my Winchester 94. It would be a 300 yard deer getter if I had better eyesight. Accurate, too! :naughty:

Funny. That is the exact thing I shoot out of that exact gun!

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure if someone wants to know where I live there are many ways to figure that out.

I prefer to live "prepared" vs "with my head in the sand". :cool:

Hack

Reaction score
I have mine all geotagged and use Google+ web photos. So if you want to come visit, geotag this one and sit real still.

IMG_3490.JPG

Gary

Reaction score
Mine is a 1975. But I love my all my levers, Winchester, Marlin and Henry, equally.

IMG_1365%20crop.jpg

Latest Threads