Post Your Telecasters! Here's Mine...

dsmcl77

Reaction score
I have only one.
2004 Fender Telecaster Standard MIM
Used to look like that 5 years ago:

Looks like that now… long story :D. But hey! My cat started the transformation.

What changed? Well, apart from the obvious paint job… it has vintage tuners (best tuners ever?) and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Neck and Bridge.

Probably the best sounding guitar I have.

00009058.JPG

I am now in the process of buying the following one. Not a FENDER, but a BLADE Delta.

front.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

NotScott

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

Left to right:

Warmoth solid rosewood neck with boatneck profile, binding and stainless steel 6105 frets. The body is a double-bound Allparts alder. Pickups are Barden Gattons and saddles are compensated brass Rutters.

American Standard ash body with a Brad Paisley Road Worn neck. TV Jones Classic Filtertron in the neck and a Classic Plus in the TV Jones special design bridge plate. Saddles are compensated brass Rutters.

Fender CS special order NOS Nocaster. It is a lightweight ash body with a huge baseball bat neck with 6105 frets. It has a Nocaster bridge pup and an American Hot neck pickup. It also has my special wiring that only places the tone on the bridge and wires the volume like a 50s Les Paul so it stays bright when backed down.

frozenotter

?
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
They're all in my sig. :) I'm a huge fan of the rather chunky channel bound neck. It's not actually a binding it's the fretboard laying in a 'channel' cut out into the maple.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I bought it as a used Classic 50s ply finished model specifically to mod. I already have a White Blond 50s Classic in lacquer finish and wanted another with the same neck/frets to mod, so I chose a different colour.

It started out like this:
3558g Sunburst Tele.JPG

I routed for a neck humbucker (Dimarzio 36th Anniversary nickel plated), bought a bakelite 'guard and cut the hole for the humbucker myself, re-wired it with 500K CTS pots and 0.022uF tone cap, plus a Seymour Duncan 'Lil '59 single coil sized bridge humbucker. I modified the bridge to remove the side 'lips' as they seem to get in my way and did some ageing on the metal parts. Also wet sanded the poly and then lightly buffed it to reduce the shine.

Bridge mod 6.jpg

Bridge mod 5.jpg

Can only find this picture of my white Blonde:
3131g Blonde Tele.JPG

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
MIM Standard Tele. I swapped the 8-hole guard for a 5-hole and screwed the neck pickup to the body. The six saddles and bridge plate replaced with a American Vintage Hot Rod Tele assembly. Added the ashtray.