Post Your Stratocasters! Here's Mine...

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Here is my "Duo de Strat".

Duo de Strats.JPG

1987 Fender Stratocaster ST-54 MIJ
ST 54 head.JPG

• One piece Swamp Ash 2 tone sunburst body (beautifuly figured)
  • Flamed maple neck soft V
00000161[1].jpg

• Di Marzio Area 67 Neck
  • Stock MIJ pup Middle
  • Seymour Duncan Little '59 Bridge
  • Super Vee BladeRunner tremolo
In the process of being rewired...

Although not a real Stratocaster, the second is a:
1999 BLADE Texas Standard TE-2
Swiss brand from an american luthier (Gary Levinson) MIJ
TE 2 head.JPG

• 2 centered pieces of northen american alder 3 tone sunburst body
  • Hard rock maple neck, rosewood fingerboard
  • Di Marzio HS4 Neck
  • Di Marzio HS2 Middle
  • Di Marzio HS3 Bridge
  • Active VSC control (the little switch) which is a mid boost (up) and treble boost (down)
When I take her after not playing her for a while, I always marvel how good she sound and play.
So good I am in the process of buying a Blade Delta (basically a Telecaster)

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
i have to admit strats are a ton of fun, tons of parts around at reasonable prices, i have to limit myself to 3 otherwise i would own 10 or 20 .....bad pic but these are the only ones i allow myself to have ....all early 90's CN silver fender logo squire series made in korea....at the cort factory....think they were about $150-$175 each !!!! fun to play all sound great ...if you see one buy it, if you dont like it, pm me i will buy it!

stratwhite.jpg
IMG_20180720_195827956.jpg
slide.jpg

ok this is an edit so...im a liar i bought this about two weeks back...so now there are 4..another MIK with silver Fender logo...for some reason this thing sounds great and i am afraid to change anything on it...just play it is my new motto for 2020...will get better pics later

strat5MIK.jpg

ok an update...i bought two more...a black MIM and another Korea CN red....i think that is let me find some pics

stratgroup2.jpg
redstrat2.jpg
strat99mim2.jpg
stratgroup1.jpg

please dont post a show us your Tele thread as i just started to jump down that rabbit hole as well.....dam GAS :run:

Last edited:

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
I have only had 2 real fenders ever.. one was a floyded strat MIJ which i since sold. The other is a Clapton blackie strat which i still have. The Clapton strat has had a 11 hole pearloid pickguard added at some point by a previous owner. So there is a small block glued in the cavity to hold the screw for an 11 hole guard. I quite like the look so have no interest in finding a single ply 9 hole guard to return it to original. Love the electronics on a clapton strat... the treble boost and db boost are handy and work a treat

20130726_205404.jpg
20180709_165516.jpg

akuster777

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
MIM 2006 60th anniversary, ECP six shooter singles, 3way switch (n, n+b b), n+b vol, mid vol, master tone, signed by Bill Bruford:
20190217_094730.jpg

MIM 2006, originally an SSH, I routed the neck to make it HH, a SD Jazz in the neck and a Bareknuckle Nailbomb bridge, added OOP and coil cut switches for the bridge, and modded the brigde itself with Telecaster saddles:
20190217_094630.jpg

Last edited:

mmd

Reaction score
I have battled back and forth with Strats for years. I want to love them. Many of my favorite players have made AMAZING music with them. However, no matter the specs, I just can't bond with a Fender Stratocaster. Fender Telecaster? All day long....

Here is my "strat" and the only one I have ever been totally comfortable with.

A 1990 Paul Reed Smith EG3!! This has an alder body, a one-piece brass trem (the Original Millcom), and a wide-thin neck with a 10" radius. This is an early version that came with standard Schaller tuners, not the PRS wing-nut locking tuners.

It originally had 3 Custom wound Duncans, but when I got it was loaded with cheap-o Squier-style singles. I replaced them with the Duncan Jimi Hendrix set. The original wiring was odd, though surprisingly useful - a volume and 2 master tone controls!! I changed that out to a Tone Man Guitar "64 Blues" wiring harness. This gave me a much more useful vol, tone on the neck/middle, and tone on the bridge - like the Eric Johnson strat, or the John Mayer Silver Sky.

This guitar sings and quacks like I always heard strats, but was never able to get from another strat.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Only one I've got and the only one I need. Owned it from new sinec 1982, one of the first Japanese Squier Strats, essentially a '57 reissue. I'm so used to the 7.25" radius and low/thin vintage frets that other Strats just feel odd to me, even the more expensive models. Had it refretted a couple of years ago and had it refinished in Nitro.

Mini Stack & Strat.jpg

Strat finished.jpg

Latest Threads