Post Your Stratocasters! Here's Mine...

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Here is my "Duo de Strat".

Duo de Strats.JPG

1987 Fender Stratocaster ST-54 MIJ
ST 54 head.JPG

• One piece Swamp Ash 2 tone sunburst body (beautifuly figured)
  • Flamed maple neck soft V
00000161[1].jpg

• Di Marzio Area 67 Neck
  • Stock MIJ pup Middle
  • Seymour Duncan Little '59 Bridge
  • Super Vee BladeRunner tremolo
In the process of being rewired...

Although not a real Stratocaster, the second is a:
1999 BLADE Texas Standard TE-2
Swiss brand from an american luthier (Gary Levinson) MIJ
TE 2 head.JPG

• 2 centered pieces of northen american alder 3 tone sunburst body
  • Hard rock maple neck, rosewood fingerboard
  • Di Marzio HS4 Neck
  • Di Marzio HS2 Middle
  • Di Marzio HS3 Bridge
  • Active VSC control (the little switch) which is a mid boost (up) and treble boost (down)
When I take her after not playing her for a while, I always marvel how good she sound and play.
So good I am in the process of buying a Blade Delta (basically a Telecaster)

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
i have to admit strats are a ton of fun, tons of parts around at reasonable prices, i have to limit myself to 3 otherwise i would own 10 or 20 .....bad pic but these are the only ones i allow myself to have ....all early 90's CN silver fender logo squire series made in korea....at the cort factory....think they were about $150-$175 each !!!! fun to play all sound great ...if you see one buy it, if you dont like it, pm me i will buy it!

stratwhite.jpg
IMG_20180720_195827956.jpg
slide.jpg

Last edited:

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
I have only had 2 real fenders ever.. one was a floyded strat MIJ which i since sold. The other is a Clapton blackie strat which i still have. The Clapton strat has had a 11 hole pearloid pickguard added at some point by a previous owner. So there is a small block glued in the cavity to hold the screw for an 11 hole guard. I quite like the look so have no interest in finding a single ply 9 hole guard to return it to original. Love the electronics on a clapton strat... the treble boost and db boost are handy and work a treat

20130726_205404.jpg
20180709_165516.jpg

akuster777

Reaction score
MIM 2006 60th anniversary, ECP six shooter singles, 3way switch (n, n+b b), n+b vol, mid vol, master tone, signed by Bill Bruford:
20190217_094730.jpg

MIM 2006, originally an SSH, I routed the neck to make it HH, a Burstbucker Pro from a 2005 Standard in the neck and a Bareknuckle Nailbomb bridge, added OOP and coil cut switches for the bridge, and modded the brigde itself with Telecaster saddles:
20190217_094630.jpg

mmd

Reaction score
I have battled back and forth with Strats for years. I want to love them. Many of my favorite players have made AMAZING music with them. However, no matter the specs, I just can't bond with a Fender Stratocaster. Fender Telecaster? All day long....

Here is my "strat" and the only one I have ever been totally comfortable with.

A 1990 Paul Reed Smith EG3!! This has an alder body, a one-piece brass trem (the Original Millcom), and a wide-thin neck with a 10" radius. This is an early version that came with standard Schaller tuners, not the PRS wing-nut locking tuners.

It originally had 3 Custom wound Duncans, but when I got it was loaded with cheap-o Squier-style singles. I replaced them with the Duncan Jimi Hendrix set. The original wiring was odd, though surprisingly useful - a volume and 2 master tone controls!! I changed that out to a Tone Man Guitar "64 Blues" wiring harness. This gave me a much more useful vol, tone on the neck/middle, and tone on the bridge - like the Eric Johnson strat, or the John Mayer Silver Sky.

This guitar sings and quacks like I always heard strats, but was never able to get from another strat.