Post Your SG !

Gahr

Reaction score
I just registered, and I figure posting some pics of my guitars would be a good start. I have been an SG guy for many years, and these are the ones currently in my possession:

My first one, a 1975 Gibson SG II. Looks battered, but I have lots of fond memories playing it. It was my main guitar for many years:

A 2014 Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG with a pickguard added. This has been my main guitar the last few years, but right now I'm using it for slide playing.

A 2013 Gibson SG Future Tribute. I put this one together from a husk. Used parts from various places. It is set up for slide.

2008 Gibson SG Faded Special. Modded with a new pickguard, Vibrola, new pups, TRC and knobs, this has been my "experimantal" guitar, that I have used for practicing soldering etc. I like tinkering with my guitars, not because I necessarily believe I can make things a lot better, but simply because I like doing it and love trying to fine tune things to my personal liking.

Epiphone SG Special '61 Reissue 50th Anniversary. I keep this one at work, where my band practices. It is completely stock and used for slide at band practice. My main amp setup behind it is a Vox AC30C2 with a 4x12 extension cabinet. The guitars to the left are the SG II and an Epiphone Dot with a pair of Seymour Duncan Phat Cats in it. That one is currently on loan to a co-worker.

Last edited:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just registered, and I figure posting some pics of my guitars would be a good start. I have been an SG guy for many years, and these are the ones currently in my possession:

My first one, a 1975 Gibson SG II. Looks battered, but I have lots of fond memories playing it. It was my main guitar for many years:

A 2014 Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG with a pickguard added. This has been my main guitar the last few years, but right now I'm using it for slide playing.

A 2013 Gibson SG Future Tribute. I put this one together from a husk. Used parts from various places. It is set up for slide.

2008 Gibson SG Faded Special. Modded with a new pickguard, Vibrola, new pups, TRC and knobs, this has been my "experimantal" guitar, that I have used for practicing soldering etc. I like tinkering with my guitars, not because I necessarily believe I can make things a lot better, but simply because I like doing it and love trying to fine tune things to my personal liking.

Epiphone SG Special '61 Reissue 50th Anniversary. I keep this one at work, where my band practices. It is completely stock and used for slide at band practice. My main amp setup behind it is a Vox AC30C2 with a 4x12 extension cabinet. The guitars to the left are the SG II and an Epiphone Dot with a pair of Seymour Duncan Phat Cats in it. That one is currently on loan to a co-worker.
Welcome to the forum!

That Sunface is set to "Face Melt."

lawrev

Reaction score
SG 1.jpg Just purchased a 2002 SG Special Faded Cherry with the ebony fretboard and crescent moon inlays. Here is one picture of it, with more to come. Fantastic neck and love the crescent moon inlays!

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Beautiful !!
Thanks, man. I know hyperbole gets thrown around on this forum quite a bit, but this is the best-sounding electric guitar I've ever played. Truly has a beautiful voice. I guess it's proof that you can never tell when the sum of the parts - in this case a pretty significant heel repair, Bigsby, T-tops - is going to result in something sublime.