Post Your SG !

Diocletian

Reaction score
Okay, getting a bit carried away with me newfound love for SGs. Got another cherry one, this time it's much lighter in colour, looks fantastic. It has a headstock repair and I told the seller to remove his expensive Lollar pickups as I had spare Seymour Duncans (JBJ bridge, Distortion neck). I'm in love with these guitars!

MusicMan

Reaction score
Okay, getting a bit carried away with me newfound love for SGs. Got another cherry one, this time it's much lighter in colour, looks fantastic. It has a headstock repair and I told the seller to remove his expensive Lollar pickups as I had spare Seymour Duncans (JBJ bridge, Distortion neck). I'm in love with these guitars!

Is that a Jackson PC1 I see hiding behind that SG? Lovely trio btw

Have FUN

Reaction score
Cool upgrades for my Gibson SG :

- Revolution Kluson machine heads
- Graph Tech TUSQ adjustable nut
- Historic trussrod cover (done)
- Custom shop Creamtone pickguard (done)
- Montreux M69 Humbucker rings
- Historic knobs and switch tip (done)
- Gibson ABR-1 bridge conversion

Last edited:

Slash Rothstein

Reaction score
Cool upgrades for my Gibson SG :

- Revolution Kluson machine heads
- Graph Tech TUSQ adjustable nut
- Historic trussrod cover (done)
- Custom shop Creamtone pickguard (done)
- Montreux M69 Humbucker rings
- Historic knobs and switch tip (done)
- Gibson ABR-1 bridge conversion

Nice! Is this a Custom Shop in Walnut? Which year?

ivan H

Reaction score
My 2013 60's tribute. Has the circuit board removed, cavity shielded with conductive adhesive copper foil & 50's wiring installed. No load tone pots with an 0.022uf & 0.015uf tone caps. Burstbucker 1 & 2 changed out for an overwound T top type (8.8k) in the bridge & 57 classic in the neck.
WP_20170418_001.jpg

Cheers

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
My 2013 60's tribute. Has the circuit board removed, cavity shielded with conductive adhesive copper foil & 50's wiring installed. No load tone pots with an 0.022uf & 0.015uf tone caps. Burstbucker 1 & 2 changed out for an overwound T top type (8.8k) in the bridge & 57 classic in the neck. View attachment 246145
Cheers
T-Tops kick ass! Got one in the bridge of my Samick SG and I want another for the neck, after hearing a '69 SG Custom in the neck position.

Here's my SG; a 2007 Historic Standard in Oxblood. I've never seen another or found any info on this run. I suspect they just used up whatever paint was left from Jeff Beck LPs...

IMG_0743sm.jpg

Best capture of the true color I could manage:
IMG_0753sm.jpg

And mid-transition to Cream plastics:
IMG_0891med.jpg

ivan H

Reaction score
T tops do kick ass. I'm using the Vineham 60/70 bridge. Great pickup, roll the volume back a little & its like a stock T top. Thinking I'll get the neck changed out for a T top too. Cheers

Latest Threads