Post Your SG !

TruckstopChuckie

Reaction score
Got this in on sunday. 2009 SG '61 Reissue. Stupid price (a little under $700). Fralin pickups, RS wiring, Tonepros stop tail and bridge. Has some battle scars, had a maestro vibrola at some point. Screw holes have been filled, not perfect, but looks good at a distance.

Diocletian

Reaction score
Got the black 2016 T for my 40th birthday this February and loved it so much I had to get a cherry one too. The cherry is a 1999.
They both have 498T bridge pickups but the 2016 didn't sound as hot as the 1999 so I managed to find a good deal on an Angus Young Gibson pickup and put that in there.
LOVE both of these guitars and the best part is I got them for about the price of a used Les Paul Standard!
The 1999 came with the brown hard case too.

Rob H.

Reaction score
^lovely pair. I see an ebony Standard in my future.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Yeah I was able to buy this one back from a friend recently. It's the second one I've owned and not going anywhere this time. My favorite SG finish. Brightens up in direct light

And is a SPOT ON match for unfaded 69-72 Wanut Brown..

If the "ebony stain" name was never mentioned, I SWEAR it was Walnut Brown..

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Some glorious looking SGs in here... like wow! Here' my newly acquired 1997 SG Standard.
I love how the '90s Standards had a darker Cherry finish than the orangey new ones. More like a proper batwing should.

Actually looks a lot like my Samick (also a 1997!):

Early production '67 SG Custom reissue with 1991 date
Another SG I have always GASed for! And it's nice to see one that isn't a case queen.

Yeah I was able to buy this one back from a friend recently. It's the second one I've owned and not going anywhere this time. My favorite SG finish. Brightens up in direct light

I'll say it again; "You lucky bastard!". Ever since those came out I've been GASing for one. Shame they were made in such limited numbers, although I'm sure anyone who owns one is happy for that fact.:cool:

And is a SPOT ON match for unfaded 69-72 Wanut Brown..

If the "ebony stain" name was never mentioned, I SWEAR it was Walnut Brown..
Which is why I love it. Gibson needs to get their sh*t together and offer it on every guitar!

I wonder if they will fade like the old finishes though. My Oxblood SG looks black in all but direct sunlight:

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Here is my little collection:

2012 Custom Shop reissue, nice and light, 6lb 5oz, OX4 PAF, Faber bridge.
1964 Junior, featherlight 6lb dead, all original, nice finish checking.
2000 Custom Shop reissue, faded to heck, 7lb 5oz, OX4 Hot Duanes, double ring tuners.
That 2000 RI was originally red?! I thought fading made a finish lighter, that's why they call the brighter red like your 2012 Faded Cherry.

In any case, it looks fantastic.

Latest Threads