Post your setup!!!

VeNoMz

Reaction score
For recording i use a Fender American Strat through a Fender Twin Reverb amp with a SM57 and a C1000 up to the gril :) gives a real nice clean sound, that then goes into a Fasttrack Pro soundcard, going onto Cubase :D

For my Bass sounds I use my Fender American P bass going into a Line 6 LD150 DI-ed into the Fasttrack then into Cubase :) i know its not going through a valve but oh well, im no pro-studio man :L

EvanPC

Reaction score
My "setup" has been in a state of flux for months now. I keep adding to it, and changing things, but currently I'm playing with:

One of a few guitars
Into an ABY switch on my board
One channel running into a Hot Rod Deluxe for my cleans
the other channel's running through my board which includes a TS808, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET, WH Swollen Pickle, and an MXR Carbon Copy Delay
These pedals run into my Egnater Tweaker

I'm just experimenting with all of this now, as most of the pedals, the Egnater and the ABY switch are new, so I'm trying to figure out how best utilize them all.

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
Guitars amps pedals and all that.
I'm just getting a home studio set up and I am by no means an expert with recording, just a rank beginner :naughty: I use a variety of newer and vintage guitars. Lately I've been using a 60th Anniversary American Deluxe Tele for electric. I sometimes use a 65 SG Jr or 85 G&L Invader. I use a variety of pedals but recently I've been using an OCD V4, early 80's SD9 , Way Huge Aqua Puss, and I just picked up the MXR Custom 78 that I like. I've been using a Swart AST and 65 DRRI but I just got a mint 72 Vibro Champ that is perfect. Mics good and sounds fantastic. I record into a Zoom R24 with an AKG 170, Audio Technica 2035, or vintage SM57's. Sometimes I go direct into the R24 and use the on-board effects. I may play around with mixing and stuff on the R24 but I do most of the track work in Reaper 4.02 on a PC notebook or table top. I'm not very proficient with Reaper and there is a learning curve. I've been trying to add more mics and stuff when I see something I like or a very good deal. I really like the AT2035. Does a good job on vocals and acoustic guitar. That's it for me .... pretty basic setup but I hope to add some additional stuff like a Golden Age Pre 73 down the road.... GB

rodm717

Reaction score
I have several guitars, I usually go with my Schecter 006 Blackjack into a Kork Pandora, into a modded Peavey VK112. I close mic a Audix i5 into a Focusrite Saffire 6 and record through Ableton 8. The sound comes out of my M-Audio BX5a Dlx monitors. Not a gold mine of equipment, but it does the job well for my purposes.
I get compliments on the sound quite a bit when i play live, but with recording it doesn't always sound the same. I also use Amplitube and Podfarm simulated recording of ideas and what not.

ext1jdh

Reaction score

Usually my Godin Kingpin (if I'm playing rhythm) into my Korg AX3000G pedal. If I'm playing acoustic then I just DI out to the board from there. If I'm playing electric it goes into my Handsome Devil then out to the board by a mis-mounted SM57

One time I was assuming that I'd be playing acoustic when the worship leader wanted me on electric. I didn't bring any of by gear so I used Amplitube on my iPad. It didn't sound bad.

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
I have several guitars, I usually go with my Schecter 006 Blackjack into a Kork Pandora, into a modded Peavey VK112. I close mic a Audix i5 into a Focusrite Saffire 6 and record through Ableton 8. The sound comes out of my M-Audio BX5a Dlx monitors. Not a gold mine of equipment, but it does the job well for my purposes.
I get compliments on the sound quite a bit when i play live, but with recording it doesn't always sound the same. I also use Amplitube and Podfarm simulated recording of ideas and what not.
How do you like the BX5a's? I need to add studio monitors soon and I've been looking around on Craigslist. Usually see a lot of KRK's on the list but I've also looked at Mackie and Yamaha. Thanks .... GB

gReEnBuL

Reaction score

Here is a pic of my setup.
*Line 6 G30 to a TU-3 to a BD-3 to a, i said a to a RV-5 to the Marshall class 5. (the SD-1 is not connected)
*Audix i5 to a Roland UA-25EX into Ableton Live 8.xx
*M-Audio CX5's and a Boston PV600 sub.
*Tascam DR-07 for jam sessions downtown.

Sooo much fun to play with, and keeps me out of trouble.

Torren61

Reaction score
Lots of stuff.

For the road, I use just my '77 Les Paul, Alesis i/o26 and iMac. I also carry my '92 Peavey Foundation bass guitar. Both the LP and Peavey have been customized.

For home, I have a couple of custom built low watt tube heads. I have a custom built 1X12 cab with a Celestion Alnico Gold and a vintage 1X12 movie projection speaker with a Jensen. I use a room mike and a close mike.

I use GarageBand, Logic, Amplitube, Guitar Rig3 and 4, Reason 4 and Recabinet.

bobarino

Reaction score
very basic setup here:

any of my 8 electric guitars → gt3 → loopstation → jcm2000 head → 2x12 cabinet

louielivelyofficial

Reaction score
Lots of stuff.

For the road, I use just my '77 Les Paul, Alesis i/o26 and iMac. I also carry my '92 Peavey Foundation bass guitar. Both the LP and Peavey have been customized.

For home, I have a couple of custom built low watt tube heads. I have a custom built 1X12 cab with a Celestion Alnico Gold and a vintage 1X12 movie projection speaker with a Jensen. I use a room mike and a close mike.

I use GarageBand, Logic, Amplitube, Guitar Rig3 and 4, Reason 4 and Recabinet.

Hey where did you get that big desk dude??

kfowler8

Reaction score
I've got three setups I used depending on what we're playing at church.

I used the same guitar. PRS PS #297.

Primary Amp:Marshall JCM 900 SLX 2500. I have a 1960a cab but use the church cab when playing there.

Tube with Clean: Peavey Classic 30

Versatility: Line 6 Spider IV. Fantastic amp for the price.

Pedal Board: 6-band Eq > Dunlop Wah > Sonic Research Tuner > Sparkle Drive > Modded Boss DS-1 > Boss Metal Zone > VL Analog Chorus > Boss DD-3 > MXR Holy Grail

Latest Threads