Post Your Pedal Board Order

garybaldy

Reaction score
Les Paul-Tuner-Tube amp-period.
Whereas I fully appreciate the sound of an LP straight into a cranked (non - master vol) tube amp I personally could not do what I do without at least a few pedals eg OD,Chorus,delay.
What kind of material do you play? Do you gig?
Thanks

Last edited:

Mockbel

Reaction score
I like this type of threads :)

My chain is changing from time to time based on pedals acquired or sold.. my current chain like:

Guitar > MXR Smart Gate > TC Polytune > Digitech Drop > Dunlop CryBaby > Tube Screamer TS9 > Boss Line Selector

Line 1:
Laney IRT Studio (Clean Channel)

Line 2:
AMT B1 > Carl Martin PlexiTone
(Only one at a time is ON)

Loop:
TC Corona > TC Flashback > Neunaber Immerse

Note that I bypass the amp preamp section when I am on Line 2 of the Boss Line Selector (Gain pedals)

NotScott

Reaction score
I am not a pedal fan so I don't use many. However, when I am not using my Kemper, the setup for an amp with no FX loop is:

Shure GLXD16 receiver
Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master reverb/delay
Crowther Hot Cake OD
Teese RMC3 wah
Suhr Coco Boost selectable clean or mid boost
To amp

If I have an amp with a loop, I will put the Dispatch Master in the loop. Depending upon the amp feature set and how it responds to clean boosts, I may also put the Coco Boost in the loop.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
there's a reason I can get by with it....I am a drummer that thinks he can play guitar....I play little to no lead what-so-ever....straight rhythm....I can get a perfect rhythm tone this way.

there are only 2 kinds of music (and people), good and bad.....I play the first kind.

I will admit, sometimes I like a little OD in line, but most times, I can get exactly what I want through a good tube-driven amp.

I will also say this...the last time I saw JD Simo, it was.....tuner, wah, metropoulos, period.

Whereas I fully appreciate the sound of an LP straight into a cranked (non - master vol) tube amp I personally could not do what I do without at least a few pedals eg OD,Chorus,delay.
What kind of material do you play? Do you gig?
Thanks

jim777

Reaction score
Telecasters: Guitar - Digitech RP-1 - Hartke Hydrive 210 (250 watt bass amp)
Everything else: Guitar - MXR Custom Badass modified OD - Fuchs Plush Drive - Boss GE-7 (set for cleanboost) - Fractal AX8 - Boogie MKIV combo and 1x12 extension cab, and Boss DD-500 in the loop. AX8 has 2 dedicated pedals for wah and volume.
I wouldn't call any of this "a pedal board", it is more like a "strewn all over the floor" :)

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Don't have a pedalboard anymore.

Right, now, just and MXR Talk Box, into a Digitech RP50 - pretty much the same effects, just a lot more convenient.:)

cpage86

Reaction score
Man, some great boards posted in here!

Currently my board is a mess, been adding things in and out trying to figure out how to set it up. Used to be heavily influenced by David Gilmour, but last couple years been trying to figure out how to do my own thing.

As of late, the usual order has been:

Cornish Buffer > Bluesbreaker > Prince of Tone > CE-5 Chorus > DD-20 Delay > Princeton Reverb RI

IMG_4459.JPG

I have added my muff back into the mix after modding it with BC549 transistors the other day, and I also just picked up the Rowin Dumbler and Plexion so I am testing these guys out. The Plexion is pretty decent.

Last edited:

Coxon2323

Reaction score
Hey guys, merry christmas.

I now have 2 separate rigs in my house.

The first one, it I Hotcake > Ehx metal muff > Tc Electronic mini booster > Ravish Sitar > Boss ME50 > Boss Loop station.
These pedals go into either a Blackstar Fly 3 or a Vox MV50.

The other rig is basically a Mooer Noise Killer > Tone City Golden Plexi.
These go into a Fender Mustang GT.

Having two rigs means I get the best of both words, excellent digital amp tones and digital effects with a Plexi overdrive boost when soloing, and a variety of pedals to enjoy with an amp with clean headroom.

:D

Ghostman

Reaction score
Guitar - Tuner - Fortin Roach - (out 1 to Fortun Zuul Key input) Out 2 - OnFloor Boost - Amp
Amp loop - Fortin Zuul - MXR EQ - Boss Chorus - TC Reverb - Loop return.

Robert Parker

Reaction score
Currently:
Guitar > Crybaby > DynaComp > MXR Custom B@d@ss Modified OD > Moog Minifooger tremolo > Phase 90 > Mini Flashback delay > Polytune > MXR Smart Gate > amp > Outlaw Effects Boilermaker clean boost and Ernie Ball VP Jr. in the effects loop.

I pretty much put the main pedals in order of least tone-suck for my amp, and the tuner and noise gate last before the amp to cut noise most. The boost and volume pedal functioned better in the loop. There's a foot switch for the amp, too. It's not a super complex board, but 2 full-size expression pedals really add weight and bulk.

However, after changing the way I use my amp to get better touch sensitivity and response from volume changes on the guitar, I will most likely remove the OD, clean boost, and volume pedal. I have noise gate mostly because of how noisy the OD is, especially at a couple of specific venues we play often. The OD on my amp is much less noisy, so I may be able to remove the noise gate, too. If so, I'll get a mini wah and downsize the board itself, which would be nice.
tapatalk_1554673181736.jpeg

Last edited:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice layout. Interesting that you have the modulation/delay effects ahead of the amp, rather than the loop.
I'm assuming you did that to get them ahead of the gate so the amp isn't always "swishing"?
The new Cockblocker has dual i/o and puts a gate on both sides of the preamp.