Post Your Pedal Board Order

Coxon2323

Reaction score
Hey all, how are we?

I thought it would be interesting for posters to post what they put in their pedal board with regard to effects, and also to explain why things go in that order, it could before gain stacking, tonal reasons etc etc.

I'll Start.

Guitar - Mooer Noise Killer - Tone City Sweet Cream - Tone City Golden Plexi - Hotcake - TC Spark mini boost - EHX Metal Muff - Boss ME50 for modulation/reveb and delay effects - EHX Ravish Sitar and then the Boss Looper - Amp

I put a Mooer Noise Killer first because I experimented with positions and this one cut out the most. I had to buy one because the Tone City pedals are very noisy.
Next is the Sweet Cream overdrive pedal which I mainly use as a clean(fish) boost to fire up the Golden Plexi or the hotcake ( giving two lead options)
The hotcake is set up so that I can get the most out of it's versatility.
So when it is set up for high gain lead playing, the sweet cream powers it.
When the hot cake is set up as a clean boost, I use it to fire up the overdrives/distortions on the Boss Me 50.
This set up gives me so many options and combinations,

My question is, how has experimentation with pedal position furthered your knowledge of what goes where and what's most effective.

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
Depends on the rig.

For normal raunchy rock.. guitar into korg tuner > boss stack 2 > amp input

For the orange rig. Guitar > korg tuner > boss stack 2 > bbe green screamer > klon clone.
In the loop.. morley chorus > delay > reverb

Both sets run into a jamman looper.

Into the bass amp and out of output 2 of the looper is a drum machine which goes into the bass amp

BlueCajun

Reaction score
Here's mine. It's fairly minimal if you take out the fact that it has 3 overdrive pedals (I can't help it...I'm an OD junkie!):

Guitar > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Way Huge Green Rhino > Fulltone OCD > Friedman BEOD > TC Electronic Transition Delay > TC Electronic Ditto x2 Looper > Amp

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
P7032961.JPG

I'll play. Going from R->L:

-Loop-Master 7 ch. loop-strip, R->L:

Ch. 1 Joyo Wooden Sound Acoustic Simulator->Joyo Wow-Wah Auto-Wah
Ch. 2 Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Ch.3 BuGGFX Raincoat FUZZ
Ch. 4 BYOC 'Leeds' Superfuzz clone
Ch.5 Ibanez BPL Phaser
Ch. 6 Polytune Tuner
Ch. 7 BYOC Tremolo

-Amp Footswitch

-Loop-Master 1ch. loop-pedal in amp FX Loop. Pedals in order:

-DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus
-Joyo Raptor Flanger
-BuGGFX Daydream
-Ibanez ADL Analog Delay
-Mooer Skyverb Digital Reverb

-Ibanez GE10 Graphic EQ (in amp loop for a buffered pedal, not in Loop-Master loop)

Deek

Reaction score
Ok here it goes.

Guitar
Ernie Ball Volume
Xotic Wah
TC Tuner
Mimosa Compressor
Love Pickle Vibe
Cch2 Fuzz
OCD
Super Badass Distortion
MXR Flanger
Julia Chorus
Carbon Copy Cloner
Electro Harmonics Reverb
A-B switch with A to Princeton Reverb B to Countryman Direct then to Focusrite Interface to DAW(s)

jaycoyoyo

Reaction score
Guitar -> Hoof Reaper fuzz -> Vox V847 Wah -> Soul Food -> Xotic Compressor -> Carbon Copy Mini -> JHS Colour Box

I've found that I can get some really unique sounds putting my compressor and delay in non-traditional spots. For example when I have the fuzz on, and I roll back volume on my guitar to clean up the fuzz, the compressor ensures there is no volume loss.

I set the Colour Box to an extremely chaotic destructive distortion, and when I run a Carbon Copy slapback into it, it sounds even more chaotic.

-Jay

vintageguitarz

Reaction score
Here's the problem, I can't find a box or a board big enough to fit this 1960 Maestro Echoplex on ......

Maestro Echoplex sml.jpg

But my live gig travel box is this, all Boss (I had an endorsement deal decades ago, but I'd still use Boss even if I hadn't).
Boss 6 Pedal Box Loaded sml.jpg

And they go thru once of these depending on the venue or studio -
(ALL pre 1965 except the '81 Marshall JCM800 50W Lead Series and the 1958 Gibson Maestro Concert )
Fender 65 Deluxe Brothers.jpg 1960 Fender Pro Amp - front.jpg MM 110RD Fifty w- 72-L6S.jpg

Fender Twin Reverb 1966  front.jpgMarshal 1981 JCM 800 Lead Series 50w 2x12 Combo.jpgMaestro M-216RVT 1958 0.jpg

Fender 62 Tremolux 83 Jap Tele Squier.jpg

Roman4405

Reaction score
Guitar > Korg Pitchblack > EHX Tone Corset > Bugg Muff > DOD Gunslinger > Fulltone FD3 > JHS Charlie Brown > Keeley Caverns > TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 > 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

I need to fit a chorus in there now.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Guitar > Korg Pitchblack > EHX Tone Corset > Bugg Muff > DOD Gunslinger > Fulltone FD3 > JHS Charlie Brown > Keeley Caverns > TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 > 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

I need to fit a chorus in there now.
Love to see someone else with a Bugg. :dude:

pinkjimiphoton

Reaction score
here's mine's latest incarnation. her name is bernice. she has her own zip code ffs. i stripped about 20 lbs of shit off her yesterday, all good stuff i rarely use. 99% of the time all i use is a fuzzface and a bit of reverb. anyways... here's an old pic
bernice2.jpg

here's the more stripped down version that makes its debut tomorrow nite

bernicea3.jpg

signal flow is

digitech freqout,
isp decimator g string clone, guitar out to a modified fuzz face, korg mr multi <wah, phase, formant either swept or auto>
output of mr multi goes to the return of the isp, the out of the isp goes to the looper, which is cheap and programmable, holds 64 patches and is available on ebay vitoos or something like that... first loop is the polytune. next loop is the boss super overdrive, loop 3 is a patch cord in case i need to insert something else. loop 4 is a double jfet booster i built on a guitarpcb.com board. loop 5 and six are blanks turned off in case i need to insert more stuff <i do a lot of guitar synthesis too, so its handy to have free insert points> loop 7 holds the boss ns2, and a homebrew clone theory set up as a vibe/flange is in its loop.
after that, a clone of the ibanez tape echo machine i built is in loop 8. output of the looper goes to the input of the nux time force delay/looper, which then feeds a homebrew belton brick reverb. this then hits an a/b box that routes the signal to the 44 mag power amp for my talkbox, or my stage amp, which is either my silkyn super 50 or my fender cyber deluxe usually. depends if i'm gigging or hosting a jam. if i gig, i use the silkyn or my old fender pro reverb <if using guitar synths>... if hosting a jam, i bring the cyber cuz its harder to fuck it up ;)
pretty standard signal flow for the most part, and fairly versatile for what i do 90% of the time.

i have way too many effect pedals. my god, totes full of them still, and i got rid of about half the collection. amazing how fast they build up when ya roll your own, they're like freekin tribbles ;)

rock on, les paul addicts!
peace!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
here's mine's latest incarnation. her name is bernice. she has her own zip code ffs. i stripped about 20 lbs of shit off her yesterday, all good stuff i rarely use. 99% of the time all i use is a fuzzface and a bit of reverb. anyways... here's an old picView attachment 405755

here's the more stripped down version that makes its debut tomorrow nite

View attachment 405756
signal flow is

digitech freqout,
isp decimator g string clone, guitar out to a modified fuzz face, korg mr multi <wah, phase, formant either swept or auto>
output of mr multi goes to the return of the isp, the out of the isp goes to the looper, which is cheap and programmable, holds 64 patches and is available on ebay vitoos or something like that... first loop is the polytune. next loop is the boss super overdrive, loop 3 is a patch cord in case i need to insert something else. loop 4 is a double jfet booster i built on a guitarpcb.com board. loop 5 and six are blanks turned off in case i need to insert more stuff <i do a lot of guitar synthesis too, so its handy to have free insert points> loop 7 holds the boss ns2, and a homebrew clone theory set up as a vibe/flange is in its loop.
after that, a clone of the ibanez tape echo machine i built is in loop 8. output of the looper goes to the input of the nux time force delay/looper, which then feeds a homebrew belton brick reverb. this then hits an a/b box that routes the signal to the 44 mag power amp for my talkbox, or my stage amp, which is either my silkyn super 50 or my fender cyber deluxe usually. depends if i'm gigging or hosting a jam. if i gig, i use the silkyn or my old fender pro reverb <if using guitar synths>... if hosting a jam, i bring the cyber cuz its harder to fuck it up ;)
pretty standard signal flow for the most part, and fairly versatile for what i do 90% of the time.

i have way too many effect pedals. my god, totes full of them still, and i got rid of about half the collection. amazing how fast they build up when ya roll your own, they're like freekin tribbles ;)

rock on, les paul addicts!
peace!
Thank you, so much. Now, I don't feel like 'that guy'...... :laugh2:

Wicked looking boards, BTW!:h5:

My Les Paul Classifieds