Post Your Naturally Worn Guitar

zendriveseven

Reaction score
My Gibson 'The Paul' I got brand new in 1979. All stock with T-Tops. I foolishly though it needed a pick guard, so I screwed one directly into the wood. Ouch! Still plays and sounds great!

thepaul3.jpg

thepaul1-1.jpg

riffhard

Reaction score
You asked for it.
I just learned that it is easier to make a worn guitar look almost new on pics than to show how worn they really are.

There are a lot of scratches above the strings from the plek. But I was not able to catch them on the pictures.

Bridge and stoptail look new because they are.

Most part of the wear on this 2004 Standard is not from me. I purchased it used about a year ago.

riffhard

Reaction score
This is a 2005 Special.
Also purchased used in January 2012.
Some of the scratches are my "work". :)

riffhard

Reaction score
And this was my first guitar.
A then new 2011 worn Studio.

Only wear on this is the almost gone worn finish on the edges where the arm rests and where it rest on the foot when sitting down.

Cdntac

Reaction score
The body on my '68 Byrdland was near pristine when I got it six years ago. The neck is worn down though most of the wear was there when I bought it.

I've marked the top a lot from hitting the volume knob quickly (pinky finger nail making the marks under the bridge pickup volume pot). There are wear mark around the volume pots but they really didn't show up in this picture.

I've also created a mark under the high strings caused by grabbing the strings to mute them while playing the low strings.

The previous owner wore down the neck quite a bit though I have added to that as well.

14F7617B-7299-40BA-B671-BEB6A76E3685_zpsbkpqs6ec.jpg

Latest Threads