Post YOUR Gibson LP Sound clips !

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have recently bought a great 1993 Gibson Les Paul and a Gibson ES-335 Translucent Brown.
In the video below you can hear how the Les Paul sounds through this great amp !
Pickups in my LP were replaced by Bare Knuckles 'The Mule". Somehow I did not like the balance of the pickups in it...from neck to bridge...neck had too much bass and gain and so on. Now this guitar sounds amazing IMHO .

Took me quite a while to figure out how to use my new Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X amp.
I am doing lots of studio recording (Eve Audio SC305 & Beyerdynamic DT770) and live we play most of the times In Ear Monitors.
I love that sound , always stereo and really great band mix and no ear fatigue / pain / loss of frequencies after a long night playing .

So, my Amp speaker out goes to a Suhr Reactive Load and then into my Fractal Audio FM3 for the Speaker Impulse and Post FX.
Just recently I tried out the EV12L Speaker Impulse of a 2x12 Marshall '66 Cab from Ownhammer and really started to love that sound.

So here is my video with all my Fender Strat and Gibson Les Paul sounds.
Let me know how you like them and post your sound clips please with your amps.

Thanks !

Mesamay2003

Reaction score
Your set up sounds great, and you’re playing too!! Here’s a clip of my band working on a new song, it’s just a handheld iPhone recording, but this LP has DiMarzio 36th anniversary pick ups, and the amp is a Landry G3. And you’ll have to forgive Bono!! :)

Reaction score
Your set up sounds great, and you’re playing too!! Here’s a clip of my band working on a new song, it’s just a handheld iPhone recording, but this LP has DiMarzio 36th anniversary pick ups, and the amp is a Landry G3. And you’ll have to forgive Bono!! :)
Love the vibe and energy and playing and sound man ! Did you have some kind of a chorus / Detune on the guitars or just the iPhone recording made it sound like….?

Mesamay2003

Reaction score
Love the vibe and energy and playing and sound man ! Did you have some kind of a chorus / Detune on the guitars or just the iPhone recording made it sound like….?
Thanks for the kind words!! There were no chorus effects, any chorusing was probably caused by the singer moving his iPhone around…

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cover of a Blind Boy Fuller number in the studio.
Two rhythm guitars on the track. The other guitarist plays slide also.
Solo at the end is me with my '57 VOS LP Junior through an acoustic sim pedal into my Mesa Boogie F-50, close-miked.

Live clip, playing my '91 LP Custom into the Mesa Boogie F-50. My solo starts at 2:02.

Reaction score
Cover of a Blind Boy Fuller number in the studio.
Two rhythm guitars on the track. The other guitarist plays slide also.
Solo at the end is me with my '57 VOS LP Junior through an acoustic sim pedal into my Mesa Boogie F-50, close-miked.

Live clip, playing my '91 LP Custom into the Mesa Boogie F-50. My solo starts at 2:02.
Nice job John and sits well in the mix too…. Can be hard to find good left handed Gibsons or not ?

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice job John and sits well in the mix too…. Can be hard to find good left handed Gibsons or not ?

Not had a problem finding leftys, since I got my first Gibson in 1970, a lefty SG Standard.
SG Feb 71 cropped 02.jpg

:dude:

Reaction score
1959 100w Plexi head into 1960 & 1960B 4x12 cabs.

Loud, but that was what was needed in the big Liverpool nightclubs of the early 1970s.
Still have full stacks or something else ?
And that Plexi head ? Sold or still in possession ?
The Plexi was not jumpered right ?

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Still have full stacks or something else ?
And that Plexi head ? Sold or still in possession ?
The Plexi was not jumpered right ?
Moved the stack on in the mid-1970s.
Now gig with an Albion Gulfstream15.

What does: 'The Plexi was not jumpered right ?' mean?

Reaction score
Moved the stack on in the mid-1970s.
Now gig with an Albion Gulfstream15.

What does: 'The Plexi was not jumpered right ?' mean?
That’s when you connect input 1 with input 2 with a jack cable…..for example : guitar into input 1 high, then a jack cable into input 1 low to input 2 high……that way you can use both channels for a fatter tone

Reaction score
Recorded this a while back with my custom, don't have anything super recent with my other Pauls. Maybe I should rectify that.

That sounded great man ! Actually a close friend of mine has a ‘white’ custom too from the nineties but that one looks more yellow than white hahahaa great fat tone these customs have !

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That’s when you connect input 1 with input 2 with a jack cable…..for example : guitar into input 1 high, then a jack cable into input 1 low to input 2 high……that way you can use both channels for a fatter tone
Nah, never did that.

Just switched on, plugged in, turned up, and fuckin' hit it! :dude:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the Albion Gulfstream15 with two of my Les Pauls at a gig. Myself and the other guitarist both use the same amp - his is the white one. He got his first, and I played through it at a rehearsal and just had to get one. Since I did, I have not plugged in my Mesa Boogie F-50 since then. Anyone wanna buy a Mesa Boogie F-50 in perfect order at a reasonable price?

Attachments

• 18a.jpg
    18a.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the Albion Gulfstream15 with two of my Les Pauls at a gig. Myself and the other guitarist both use the same amp - his is the white one. He got his first, and I played through it at a rehearsal and just had to get one. Since I did, I have not plugged in my Mesa Boogie F-50 since then. Anyone wanna buy a Mesa Boogie F-50 in perfect order at a reasonable price?
That looks very nice next to each other !
Ever tried to play them both at the same time ? Should sound glorious ;)

Latest Threads