Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
temp592.jpg

Do you still own this fake :hmm:

Frutiger

Reaction score
It's a bad photo but I just bought this:

screenshot20110905at093.png

1962 Es-335, refinished black (original cherry is underneath), neck break and not many original parts - cost a lot less than a block reissue though and sounds great, it's got more honk than a flock of Geese!!

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just posted this pic in another thread, but oh well.

335.png

My 1991 ES-335 Studio. At some point before me, someone put the covers on the 57 pickups (Studio had them open) and replaced the tuners with Grovers, which I prefer anyway. No f-holes, but still a semi-hollow and not solid body. Easily weighs over 10 pounds, I have to use a special strap or my shoulder and back kill after an hour. It screams.

Psychedelic Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, factory installed too. It's my understanding that they did the coil tap for maybe 5 years or so. When I went looking for a 335 I wasn't out to find one with a trapeze or a coil tap, but I found this one and fell in love with it.

I've found the split position is really usable. I love it with both pickups on.

b3john

Reaction score
Yes, factory installed too. It's my understanding that they did the coil tap for maybe 5 years or so. When I went looking for a 335 I wasn't out to find one with a trapeze or a coil tap, but I found this one and fell in love with it.

I've found the split position is really usable. I love it with both pickups on.
What a killer option. I like that it's a toggle and not a push/pull on a pot, if only for reliability reasons. The only times ever I've seen that coil split switch on the lower bout of a Gibson semi-hollowbody was on the ES-347 in the '80s. That's a helluva find to get one on a 335 from the mid-70s with the small block inlays. (And in my favorite color, no less!) :applause:

Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of it, so first I'd have the chance to knock some sense into you and second so I could buy it! :thumb:

Stylemaster

Reaction score
I didn't know if there is such a thread on this forum; I couldn't find one at first (the search function won't allow a word with less than three letters or digits). So I started my own and would like to delete it but I don't know how to do that in this forum. In the meantime:

My '68

IMG_2268_re.jpg

IMG_2272_small.jpg

My latest acquisition - 2007 FAT NECK

02777705 - front.jpg

02777705 - at an angle.jpg

Stylemaster

Reaction score
gorgeous stuff stylemaster!

Thank you! I just got the Fat Neck. I didn't expect to get a second 335, especially so similar to the first. I was trying to trade for an LP Standard but when this Fat Neck 335 was offered - I couldn't refuse. I certainly can't complain! Besides the Fat Neck & '68 necks are polar opposites in size & shape.

Reaction score
i hear you on a number 2. i'm trying to get my hands on a 135 (just got a 335) i'm really getting into hollows. tone for days!

Leiste

Reaction score
A gig of Gregor Hilden at the Hot Jazz Club in Münster playing a 335 formaly owned by Bernie Marsden (Whitesnake):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBo7Lw8R8w]Gregs Blue Notes - Cold duck time - YouTube[/ame]

It's still for sale. . . (17.900 Euro)!

Latest Threads