Post an original song you wrote!

John Ucol

Reaction score
Here's an old throwback clip of one of the first songs I ever wrote and recorded on my own.

sLowBrian

Reaction score
Cool thread... great tunes on here! I wrote and recorded with a collaborator a long time ago, and then when my kids were toddlers I kinda gave it all away. For about 15 years I didn't hardly play, then in 2009 I bought a Chinese LP copy by Legacy guitars, and halfheartedly started playing at home again. I wrote some songs and recorded them on Ableton Live on my pc, but I find it really hard to do it all on my own. In 2014 I reconnected with my old writing partner, he's a drummer, and also engineer, producer etc... although these days he focuses more on video production. Then last August, one of my closest ever friends was killed and the only way I could find to get through the grief was through music. Still not through it yet to be honest, but getting there. As a result I have written more songs, and more lyrics, lyrics that I think are reasonably good, than ever before. So we've been busy when we can, which isn't enough actually, to get these finished. I've put lyrics to 4 songs that the music is around 5 years old, then we can start on the new ones. To cap it off, because a couple of the songs I've written are directly linked to my mate who passed away, and I want to do them justice, I have been working with a singing teacher, who has made a huge difference. (On our initial conversation, I told her that I was asking her "to put a tuxedo on a goat, but I want as best a tuxedo as I can get"... )
The first one is music that is over 4 years old, but the lyrics came to me in February.... it's about a place on Cape York Peninsular on Australia's remote top end.... we were camped there about a week before my mate died. How quickly life can change!

sLowBrian

Reaction score
I'll put our second complete one here as well. This ones a rocker, called Altitude... the first song Simon and I worked up together when we reconnected 5 years ago. It was just music till a few months ago when I wrote about the state of my mental health.