Post a cool picture.......

Olds442

Reaction score
Dude that's Awesome !

I looked at it a few moments before reading the caption....WTF is that ?

Its a cool pic!!
that solar eclipse a couple summers ago. i was using an 8" sct and a 25mm (iirc) eyepiece lol, that was as small as i could make the moon. when i had it centered exactly right (manual CG-4 mount and a cloudy day so a lot of fun that was) it filled the entire frame. it was a complete fail of a set up, but that pic came out pretty cool. :D

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is from waaaaaay back in the day when I was a Phantom Phixer.

It looks farther, but I was about 12' from that afterburner.

It was inside a sound proof hangar called the "Hush House" back at MCAS El Toro, where we tested a/c at full power.

I'm sure @TheX would relate to this...

thumb_F4 Phanton afterburner_1024.jpeg

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! I bought a house and am moving to South Carolina in May when my house is finished being built.
I had them lay a 12 x 10 concrete pad behind the house and will run power to it. Should help me as I get back into imaging. Keep up the good work.

We are planning a dark sky move, almost did it last year....but we need to move more that 75 miles away and I have some family things that demand my near by presence....So in a few years...I plan an all out observatory, because setting up and breaking down that gear is getting too difficult. It will be easier just to shut the doors and park the scope....and I'll be able to control everything remotely ...its set up now on a umbilical to the laptop. But a lot of this stuff is going Wifi

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Reaction score
This is from waaaaaay back in the day when I was a Phantom Phixer.

It looks farther, but I was about 12' from that afterburner.

It was inside a sound proof hangar called the "Hush House" back at MCAS El Toro, where we tested a/c at full power.

I'm sure @TheX would relate to this...

View attachment 450260
The F4 is in my top 5 favorite planes of all time. COOOOOLLL! :)

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guess what? I'm starting to feel better today!
The F4 is in my top 5 favorite planes of all time. COOOOOLLL! :)
They were quite the beast to work on, nothing was easy to do on it at all, but it was a badass plane.

I was one of the very last enlisted persons to have a back seat license and I'm glad I got my one ride in before they quit doing that.

But I did have a low and high power license as well as a taxi license, so that was cool.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh my friend, that's a deep dish Chicago classic from Lou Malnati's.

ain't no veggies but a few maters in that hunk of paradise.
That was my second choice …. :naughty:

… and you're still my new best friend, especially if you let me have a slice. Better yet, I'm right across Lake Michigan from you in Manistee. Do they deliver?

Olds442

Reaction score
That was my second choice …. :naughty:

… and you're still my new best friend, especially if you let me have a slice. Better yet, I'm right across Lake Michigan from you in Manistee. Do they deliver?
they do! i just sent a bunch of gift cards out to my clients in NYC. PM me your email addy.

Latest Threads