Post a cool picture.......

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Printing was tough, with all that white... I really had to play with the polycontrast filters, print exposure times, and dodging/burning.
You did a great job with that and I love the results. This is the first time I've been serious about photography and I'm happy with the work I've done so far. I have a lot to learn for sure but I'm making progress

I love your work and thanks for sharing.
Jeff

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You did a great job with that and I love the results. This is the first time I've been serious about photography and I'm happy with the work I've done so far. I have a lot to learn for sure but I'm making progress

I love your work and thanks for sharing.
Jeff
Thank you, but you're pretty damn good yourself.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Thank you, but you're pretty damn good yourself.
Thanks.. I appreciate the compliment but I have a lot to learn and I have a book on how to take better exposures. Plus I want to learn how to use ND filters better. So far I can use an ND2 with no issues but from there on I get serious over-exposures. I need to get a handle on that issue.

Also I need a decent tripod and I might upgrade to the D7100 from the D90 I have

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. I appreciate the compliment but I have a lot to learn and I have a book on how to take better exposures. Plus I want to learn how to use ND filters better. So far I can use an ND2 with no issues but from there on I get serious over-exposures. I need to get a handle on that issue.

Also I need a decent tripod and I might upgrade to the D7100 from the D90 I have
Invest in some graduated neutral density filters, for your outdoor shots. They help tame a bright sky. Also, a lens shade to keep away the glare. You can use one that mounts on the lens, or use a hat, or even just a hand. But on the other hand, creative use of glare can be really cool too.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Invest in some graduated neutral density filters, for your outdoor shots. They help tame a bright sky. Also, a lens shade to keep away the glare. You can use one that mounts on the lens, or use a hat, or even just a hand. But on the other hand, creative use of glare can be really cool too.

Good Idea and I was thinking about that. I might just get that when I have the funds.
Thanks
Jeff

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
diver.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL REPORTS THAT RADICAL MUSLIMS THREW ANOTHER HOMOSEXUAL TO HIS DEATH FROM A MOSQUE CALL-TO-PRAYER TOWER IN SYRIA. LOCAL LGBT REFUSED TO COMMENT.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
2/5/2014 post snow / ice storm. The ice and snow had been very slowly melting for several hours, revealing hidden hex shaped formations in the coating. Never bothered looking up how they formed.

Pretty cool for a hot end of July day in many places.

IceTwig.jpg

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
For shits and giggles I went back to see what I saved from that "photo shoot" above. Turns out all of it, including the raw .CR2 files. Why delete what you can save? Storage is cheap now.

The Canon Rebel T5i was less than a year old and was still exploring what it could do.

Found three cool images shown below.

An even more striking image of melting ice. Zoom into the ice blob on the right.

2-5-14_Ice.jpg

I did not recall snapping two images of my then buddy Wookie the pooch. She was my Mom's dog until she could no longer care for her in 2012 just prior to her passing.

Shown in her typical "Moppet" winter hairstyle. She left me in August 2017 after giving her a final happy last five years. I will forever miss the Moppet.

Moppet2-5-14as.jpg

Moppet2-5-14bs.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads