Possible Epi Slash Goldtop?

GibsonRocker

Reaction score
Hi I am new hear to the forums so just introducing myself and i have a question too. I was at a Long & McQaude the other day and saw this beautiful Epi Goldtop. It has Uncovered Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II Pickups, Chrome Hardware, Long neck tenon and Green Tuning Machines. I was quite interested in this guitar. It only costs around 650 Cdn So i did a little digging when i got home for more info. They Call it an Epiphone - Les Paul Classic Goldtop with Seymour Duncans. All i could seem to come up for Epi Goldtops was the '56 with P90'S which is discontinued :shock: And the '57 Elitest which is quite different from this one. I saw a few others as well but none had the same characterstics as the one i Played. Now after comparing With the Epiphone website I am Near Positive this is THE Slash Goldtop. But I Can't understand why they would only charge a mere 650 for it. Any ways heres a link to the L and M site with the guitar. The Picture isnt very good though. so it might not be all that helpful. But take a look for any other goldtop like this and you probly wont find anything like this. thanks a lot

http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=119 :slash:

- - - - - - - - (future) GibsonRocker

Akahito

Reaction score
If it says "Slash" on the truss rod cover, and comes with the certificate of authenticity, yeah it's a Slash model. If not, then it's just a cool guitar without the Slash-added value. It's not an Elitist, I'll tell you that much. If it really does have a one-piece neck, and sounds and feels good otherwise, I'd go for it at that price.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Either way it's a good deal. Upgraded to Kulson Deluxes, SD II's, that should raise the value a bit.

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
this guitar has been talked of before its not one of the Slash gold tops but is very close to one specs wise its a ltd classic

GibsonRocker

Reaction score
ok good to know still seems to be an incredible deal though hopefully they wont sell it for a whole year :hmm::fingersx: lol i just bought a Marshall MG30DFX and a Crybaby Wah Wah so im totally broke right now

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
ok good to know still seems to be an incredible deal though hopefully they wont sell it for a whole year :hmm::fingersx: lol i just bought a Marshall MG30DFX and a Crybaby Wah Wah so im totally broke right now
Yes well IMO if its the Slash gold top look you would like those would be a good choice. My local shop has a Slash GT in and they go for 1300 here and at L&M ( across Canada) and this slash he has is not a very good example of a epi lp imo. The gold colour is a bit greenish on it , it doesn't play any better etc.compared to the reg 04 GT classic I have. IMO not worth the x-tra money at all.

rideski

Reaction score
It's pretty much the Slash minus the "Slash" on the truss rod cover and all the other Slash stuff(cert, case, book, strap and picks). It is a great deal as far as Epi's go as it has the SD's and a long neck tenon (verified by Epiphone). There's one at my L&M store as well and it plays really nice.
I have a Slash Standard Plus Top and it is a really great sounding guitar. I got mine for around $950...which was before Epi raised their prices..
I would not hesitate to grab one of these...you will need to upgrade the tuners though..eventually.

GibsonRocker

Reaction score
Ya the tuners are the only thing I could find on it that I didn't like. They did not work very well with staying in tune, and look terrible. VERY cheap looking Plastic type stuff. I would definately get some nice Kluson's. But keep in mind i will problably NOT be getting this guitar any time soon, if at all. Like I said just bought a Marshall MG30, and a Crybaby Wah, which shold be in on Tuesday:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:

olstrat

Reaction score
I saw this guitar advertised on the L&M web site. Can't get much information on it anywhere. What's the neck profile like? Are they medium jumbo frets or jumbo?

MattMayer

Reaction score
I saw this guitar advertised on the L&M web site. Can't get much information on it anywhere. What's the neck profile like? Are they medium jumbo frets or jumbo?

Dude... Thread is over a year old.

jon1

Reaction score
Give him a break he's new. Anyway, Olstrat, you might get a better answer if you started a new thread.

dearlpitts

Reaction score
well since its been a year he should be getting it now right?-

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

cb750jkl

Reaction score
anyone know if they ship to u.s. seems like a lot of guitar for 500 bucks.

olstrat

Reaction score
Thanks Shifty
Is better, the same , or not as good as the Slash model

Latest Threads