Poor Axl

moreguitars70

Reaction score
Stagefright my a** it's the fame that went to his head, the first time I saw them in St. Louis they opened for Aerosmith and were just gaining popularity. They were on time and put on a good show even though Aerosmith blew them away. The second time they came back they were famous and there was a riot...

Reaction score
Springsteen kept us waiting about 40 minutes the last time we saw him. When the lights finally dimmed I griped about the wait and my wife said, "It's okay. Takes an old fart like him 30 minutes to get out of his rocking chair and 10 minutes to go to the bathroom one last time."

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
axl-rose-cake-meme.jpg

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
I wouldn't wait 20 minutes to see that band, even back in the day when they were somewhat relevant. Axl is a douche and he can't sing anymore. I saw some recent footage of him and he was flat out terrible...seriously thought he was tone deaf or hte rack of auto tunes were all bypassed...

At least Slash still has it and can still play ;)

Thundergod

Reaction score
Guns N’ Roses have a long history with not beginning concerts on time...

This is getting so old that articles should read "People have a long history of buying tickets for GnR shows even tho they know GnR won't show up in time (if they even show)":slash:

Cloverdale Road

Reaction score
11PM start time? I would be struggling to stay awake before the first note rang out. Add a two or three hour delay and I would be snoozing. Feck! I'm turning into an old geezer! :D

I was lucky enough to see them open for Aerosmith back in '88 or '89. Axl didn't have a choice. You either get your backside up on stage on time, or we'll find another band that will.

HenryHill

Reaction score
With all the recent bad PR he gave himself, it would seem he should be on his best behavior. Stage fright or not (it's a laughable excuse) he should not be wearing out the lifespan of his current meal ticket by disrespecting his audience. I doubt that he sees his 'letter' and no show in OH as bad PR, though.

I suspect he thinks that he should just appear late and make the audience wait on purpose, since he's such a great performer, and has been doing this on purpose for a long time. It's ego, not stage fright.

11PM show start? Another sign of no respect for his audience.

cherryles

Reaction score
Guns N Roses of today just annoy me, they sound like a cover band who still have a long road ahead of them before they nail every song, and without :slash: that will never happen. It's just sad, if Slash had died then well and good, it would be nice to see Axl & co. continuing on in memory of him but this is just stupid.

redking

Reaction score
Not defending tardiness but 1 hour does not sound that bad.

An hour can have a big impact in a city where there is heavy reliance on public transit to get to and from the gig and the transit shuts down at a certain time, leaving everyone stranded at the venue. Not sure if this was the case here, but GNR stranded thousands in downtown London a couple of years ago pulling the same BS.

I wonder how much he pays these guys in the band for them to put up with this garbage? I think he has a serious mental illness that is not being properly taken care of - this pattern of behaviour (consistently not being able to get his crap together) is consistent with people with certain brain disorders.

Cloverdale Road

Reaction score
New lyrics to fit Axl's girthier look:

Welcome to the buffet
We've got pork and beans
We got everything you want
Just don't be moochin' from me
We are the people that can find
All the grub you'll need
Please pass the alfredo sauce
I've got a hungerin' to feed

In the buffet
Welcome to the buffet
My weight will bring you to your shun,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n knees, knees
You wanna watch me eat?

Ed B

Reaction score
The whole tour they've been starting right around midnight and ending between 3 - 3:30am.

I'm shocked that they were considered late.

I saw them in Atlantic City a few months ago. The ticket said 10pm. 2 hours past the ticket time isn't late in my experience. The ticket time however is very late by comparison.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think some people are still hoping that he'll recapture some of the magic of Appetite... But those days are gone forever. I doubt even getting the original lineup together could do it.

There's no way I'd wait ten minutes to see this guy perform, much less an hour.

axepilot

Reaction score
Axl is a washed up middle age diva bitch.

Time for him to crawl back under the rock he came from.

Latest Threads