Poll: Which P-90 Gibson model do you prefer? SG Junior, SG Special, Les Paul Junior or Les Paul Special

Which model do you prefer from the 2020 Original Collection?

• Total voters

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the SG Jr or the DC Jr, but the DC wasn’t a choice. I guess it’s not part of the original line up.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the SG Jr or the DC Jr, but the DC wasn’t a choice. I guess it’s not part of the original line up.
I know a guy... ;)
LP and SG juniors are special.
Yep... something special about the single pickup models.
Eliminating the magnetic pull from the area of the 2nd harmonic node does good things for the tone.

endial

Reaction score
I can vouch for the 2019 Original Collection Juniors. 2020's can't be that far off but I can't vote until a year ago.

smk506

Reaction score
I’ll pretty much always take a special over a jr. I use the neck pickup as much or more than the bridge and I like neck binding so they’re more my speed in general. I chose Les Paul over the sg body shape, but that’s just marginally my preference, I love and have/have had both.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Junior, but I don't have one yet. I do have an SG Special.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I voted Les Paul Junior.

I would have voted for the SG Junior but it has that funky ugly pickguard that only exists to sell the Historic model.

RocketKing

Reaction score
I don't have one, but I voted for the les paul special.
If I were out to buy a new Gibson it would definitely be on my list

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Not to be a GC shill , but ... GC has the 2018 Classic Player Plus on sale at $1599. I got mine last Black Friday for just a bit less than that, and that was a Black Friday deal so $1599 is a great price -- they won't last. The guitar comes with HSC, neck/body binding, AA top, and titanium saddles. It comes with black trim and knobs which I recently changed out.

Gibson 2018 Les Paul Classic Player Plus Electric Guitar Satin Wine Red | Guitar Center

gball

Reaction score
I asked myself the exact same question After really giving it some thought and playing as many as I could I went home with a Les Paul Special. I needed a neck pickup and between it and the SG there was just more of something, well, special about it.

Latest Threads