Poll on band participation......

Do you think all band members should help with set up/tear down?

• Hell yes, equal pay/equal work

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Everyone except drummers bc they haul more shit

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Singer should handle the P.A. bc he doesn't have to haul shit else

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ratz Azz

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, B3/C3s, Leslie 122/147s, Altec A7s, and any damn Peavey fronts that started with SP, were the biggest pains in the ass to carry I think of anything ever out there....

I think all of em had multiple CGs which precluded balancing any of em.... At 61, I still have painful memories of one of Sly's old C3s a bud bought, that earned me a couple of doc visits...when I was a teen... I'd rather sling the 18" scoops that we had a several of along with dbl 18" front loaded cabs than manhandle any of the above....

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some quad 18" cabs waaaaaaaay back when I worked with a soundco that were pretty rough but had B I G casters.... Scaffolding the damn things was fun though......in a farkin demented sort of way.... At least we designed em that there were high pressure folded horn with the quads mounted on a off center floating plate with the mag motors almost centerline of the cabs with perimeter porting which put the CG dead center with the mags a bit back and the frames a bit more forward of the line.... Still could be a bitch, depending on venue...

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking back to those old days makes me LOVE my JBL PRX powered cabs.... :cool:
My back loves em too.....

Latest Threads