Poll: Moore or Montrose who should keep it??

Your opinion on who should get 9-2227 "stripe"

• Gary Moore

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • Ronnie Montrose

Votes: 68 47.6%

• Total voters

billy

Reaction score
True... GM is basically stuck with that guitar until this is resolved. He can't sell it to anyone and nobody in their right mind would buy it with the prospect that it could get taken away from them as stolen property. Not worth a nickel.

fletch
Unless he sells it to some private collector and it goes underground... I can't see that happening anyway out of the three burst Gary has owned this is the one he kept... there's a reason for it.

I read somewhere else "that if a buyer buys something in good faith, and can prove it, such as producing a receipt from a legitimate business, they can not be held liable. That doesn't mean the aggrieved party can't try to recover, but the burden is on them." Maybe thats why GM hasn't responded to Montrose.

There is also the statue of limitations which has been mentioned many times before... and like Rhubard red said where is all the evidence that this guitar was owned by montrose (i'm not saying it wasn't but i haven't seen much in way of proof.)

All i'm saying is the law can be interpreted in different ways to fit both arguments. And this poll show's how people can see both side's of the coin...

I find it quite funny with people stating how if you side with Gary Moore then the only reason is only because your a fan of his....:hmm:

stinger

Reaction score
Unless he sells it to some private collector and it goes underground... I can't see that happening anyway out of the three burst Gary has owned this is the one he kept... there's a reason for it.

It's hot! Perhaps he tried but no one wanted to touch it. Of course it might really be his favorite.

I read somewhere else "that if a buyer buys something in good faith, and can prove it, such as producing a receipt from a legitimate business, they can not be held liable. That doesn't mean the aggrieved party can't try to recover, but the burden is on them." Maybe thats why GM hasn't responded to Montrose.

There is also the statue of limitations which has been mentioned many times before... and like Rhubard red said where is all the evidence that this guitar was owned by montrose (i'm not saying it wasn't but i haven't seen much in way of proof.)

No one has to show any proof to us. Just bring it too court. One has to assume there is proof or they wouldn't go to court. Is there enough to prove it to a judge? It remains to be seen.

All i'm saying is the law can be interpreted in different ways to fit both arguments. And this poll show's how people can see both side's of the coin...

And most of us here are offering up opinions with no knowledge of law or the actual evidence. Just speculation. If we knew what evidence was there and knew the applicable law we all might have different opinions from what we have now.

I find it quite funny with people stating how if you side with Gary Moore then the only reason is only because your a fan of his....:hmm:
People are biased. They may not mean to be that way but we all are. If this poll had asked the question: "If a guitar player had a burst stolen many years ago and later located it and could prove it, should the guitar be returned?" I think the results would be different. It would have eliminated any fan preferences. An interesting thread anyway.

River

Reaction score
The way the votes are going, if anyone from MLP wants to borrow my weed-whacker they're going to have to fill out an application.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, buddy. "In God we trust - all others pay cash."
I always thought this forum was a place where you could trust people and deal honestly with others like me. Not so sure about that now! There are the few who have a reputation for pulling the wool over someone's eyes, but we know who they are. But the fact that the score is 58 for GM and 57 for RM says something.

Mr. Fuzzy

Reaction score
I always thought this forum was a place where you could trust people and deal honestly with others like me. Not so sure about that now! There are the few who have a reputation for pulling the wool over someone's eyes, but we know who they are. But the fact that the score is 58 for GM and 57 for RM says something.

Yeah... but not everyone knows who they are and you can't warn anybody no matter how truthful. The thread will get quickly deleted. Lame.

River

Reaction score
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's been 20 years and he's not getting it back.

fletch

tonebone

Reaction score
So how friggin' long do we have to wait for the court settle this?

...oh, there's appeals, too.

Shoot, they'll both be using walkers by the time this is resolved.

:)

Tsukiyomi

Reaction score
So how friggin' long do we have to wait for the court settle this?

...oh, there's appeals, too.

Shoot, they'll both be using walkers by the time this is resolved.

:)
Ah but whose walkers? :naughty:

billy

Reaction score
People are biased. They may not mean to be that way but we all are. If this poll had asked the question: "If a guitar player had a burst stolen many years ago and later located it and could prove it, should the guitar be returned?" I think the results would be different. It would have eliminated any fan preferences. An interesting thread anyway.
very true, and if another thread was started next to that one with the question: " If after owning a burst for 20 years which you bought from a reputable dealer in good faith, someone come along and says that it's their guitar which was stolen 30 years ago, would you return it?? I think the results would be the opposite.

tonebone

Reaction score
How about Claptons beanoburst....and if he saw that it was posted online somewhere? Maybe Alvin Lee or some musician in some far flung country had it now? TS for Eric?

Just wondering is all. :)

Benjammin

Reaction score
How about Claptons beanoburst....and if he saw that it was posted online somewhere? Maybe Alvin Lee or some musician in some far flung country had it now? TS for Eric?

Just wondering is all. :)
there are some who say EC knows where that guitar is

guitarbob123

Reaction score
ronnie should have it until he dies of brain cancer.
then it should be given back to moore

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ronnie should have it until he dies of brain cancer.
then it should be given back to moore
What is this brain cancer thing with Montrose? someone mentioned that earlier in the thread; I have never heard he had that; even googled it & found no results......? what's the deal?

Latest Threads