Political threads are popping up, and The Bear ain't happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasenblues

Reaction score
Egg sammich with Ham and Cheese..

B9316123280Z.1_20150204132617_000_GGF9S80AV.1-0.jpg

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And I'm about to come out of my cave, and start smacking members like salmon out of an Oregon river.

If it's not an out-and-out political thread, it's thread being turned political.

We know the rules. We've all read the sticky regarding the posting of political content, right?

Right.

Still, it's popping up constantly, this problem. I don't like problems. I don't like coming home from busting my hienie at work in 110+ heat to find that those who like to skirt the bitter edge of the line (and often way beyond it) have taken advantage of the staff working and run ape-$hit with political commentary. It's happening enough to have me write this "letter of caution".

I've already had to ban someone today for a month, and likely lost a friend I've had for years.

Aye Captain,

At the risk of incurring wrath, I will try to speak truth to power. You may unknowingly be part of the problem. As mentioned by others the whole 'Snowflake/SJW/LBGT' bashing that goes on here is in its very nature political.... and you have done your share in starting posts of this nature. So others believe that it must be ok and non-political.

But its not. It took me a while to understand, by your tough tutelage, that posting seemingly benign science articles will indeed be twisted into a political contest. You were right, so now I refrain from posting anything in that vain. The same goes with the minority bashing around here. It's tiring and really beneath everyone here (I hope).

Rich, was just pointing this out to Bill H., who crossed the line. IMO, you banned the wrong guy.

Love always,
~g

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re politics: Not a damn soul will sway anybody up in here their way on much of anything....

I can't even convince y'all that Bakelite boards are da cheeze... Dern bunch of cork wranglers....

Furthermore, Tofu sucks! So there...

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Re politics: Not a damn soul will sway anybody up in here their way on much of anything....

Thats not necessarily true. I've come around on a few of my stances after some online fencing with people here, and others have stated the same. If the personal attacks were eliminated then it wouldn't be so bad. We have forgotten how to be respectful to others who don't agree with us.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was a crow. Turns out it's a really cool looking bird I've never seen. Learn something new every day.

magpie-1.jpg
Depends on where you are! Ours are different.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Aye Captain,

At the risk of incurring wrath, I will try to speak truth to power. You may unknowingly be part of the problem. As mentioned by others the whole 'Snowflake/SJW/LBGT' bashing that goes on here is in its very nature political.... and you have done your share in starting posts of this nature. So others believe that it must be ok and non-political.

But its not. It took me a while to understand, by your tough tutelage, that posting seemingly benign science articles will indeed be twisted into a political contest. You were right, so now I refrain from posting anything in that vain. The same goes with the minority bashing around here. It's tiring and really beneath everyone here (I hope).

Rich, was just pointing this out to Bill H., who crossed the line. IMO, you banned the wrong guy.

Love always,
~g

So you would argue with me. I don't like that. That's not why I'm here, and that's not what this thread is about. I'm not here to entertain arguments over MLP policies.

Take a look at the sticky concerning political posting. See where it mentions "snowflake/SJW/LBGT" anywhere in there.

I'll save you the time. It doesn't.

I don't care about snowflakes (which are not political at all), SJW's (which are social warriors, and whom I've said will never, ever take as much as a toe-hold on this forum), and the LGBT issues, which again are NOT political in nature, unless one chooses to politicize them. They are social issues, legislative issues, etc. None of the above is exclusive to left vs right agendas. Just like gun control issues which are not exclusive to righties or lefties, for I've grown up with many gun-totin' democrats.

The thread where Rich got banned (and he got banned because he's been banned more times than we can count, and warned countless more), he started up with "right wing" etc and that's why he got banned. He's been warned enough, and more than you will ever know, privately as well. I've given him more lives here than a dozen cats. You'll never know how many times I've pleaded with him to not cross the line, clean it up, tone it down, etc. I know Rich. I've had dinner and drinks with him and his wife on several occasions. So don't even go there about him.

You will never hear me discuss anything about "left vs right" outside this thread, save for using the terms in pointing out where people are breaching the rules. I don't care about the snowflake issue. It isn't political until people such as yourself politicize it. If you don't want to have to read about "snowflakes" and how people feel about them, then stay out of the thread.

You don't call the shots here, Geo. You don't make up the rules, which are perfectly clear. One can "politicize" a cup of coffee if they try hard enough. And my engagement in conversations about "snowflakes" never was political, and it never will be. For them, it's about not being able to handle life's difficulties, blubbering, bawling, safe-spaces, coloring books and stuffed animals every time something goes wrong in their life. NOT about politics. Far as the gay community goes, I have no opinion. It's not my deal. Not interested whatsoever. Far as the SJW thing goes, my position is abundantly clear; they are a community of loud, screaming idiots who call people names and shout people down. They have appeared once or twice on these pages, and I have ran them off. They are the very antithesis of peaceful dialogue and conversation. They do not belong here. NOT welcome.

If you must engage in social politics, then find a forum that supports such discussion. MLP does not.

And with that, I'll not tolerate a rebuttal, because this isn't an argument. You know my position. Please consider your own when posting here. If it is not within the clearly drawn forum guidelines, then don't post it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads