Political threads are popping up, and The Bear ain't happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And I'm about to come out of my cave, and start smacking members like salmon out of an Oregon river.

If it's not an out-and-out political thread, it's thread being turned political.

We know the rules. We've all read the sticky regarding the posting of political content, right?

Right.

Still, it's popping up constantly, this problem. I don't like problems. I don't like coming home from busting my hienie at work in 110+ heat to find that those who like to skirt the bitter edge of the line (and often way beyond it) have taken advantage of the staff working and run ape-$hit with political commentary. It's happening enough to have me write this "letter of caution".

I've already had to ban someone today for a month, and likely lost a friend I've had for years.

-But this job isn't a popularity contest. And if it results in me being the "Most Unpopular Man in the World", then so be it. I signed on to do a job, and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability.

This is not a political forum. This is not a politically-freindly forum. We do not "entertain political ideology" of any nature. Simply put, it starts fights. And it starts fights because some of you magpies cannot get along without jabbing each other with a typewritten pocket knife. Then, once the mistake is made, a whole platoon of you "usual suspects" (and you know who you are) pick up the ball and try to run it into the end zone, thinking "well, if he did it, it's okay to continue, since he brought it up".

NO, it's not. So you who know exactly what you are doing and like to push the line, there will be consequences. Again, you know who you are. It's always the same crew.

The trouble that political commentary starts is absolute. There has never been a thread as such that ever ended well here. That is an historical fact. So we don't allow it. Not a little bit of it, not a dollop, dabble or smidge. NONE of it.

I'm drawing a line in the sand, guys. And I don't care what side of political divide you lean towards.

I don't like writing letters like this. I love this forum and the people who frequent here every day. I want everyone to have a good time and get along. But some of you don't want to get along. Some of you want your neighbor to have a bad day. And that's where I come in.

Sometimes this job sucks, but I have never run from a job or walked off one when the job was in need, and I'm not about to start now.

It's all up to you, because my intentions are quite clear. There's no doubt where I stand on this, or to what length I'll go to ensure this is a place of politics-free discussion. If there is any doubt as to what we define as "political discussion", it's all right here:

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/political-posting-amended.312752/

-LtDave

Last edited:

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Would this be an inappropriate time to note that I really don't like the word "hienie?"

Why? Did you have a bad, perhaps harrowing experience related to your heinie in your past?

Would you like to tell us about it, or is it something best left alone?

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have great respect for the fact that MLP has this policy. I have even greater respect for the fact that it is enforced universally and equally. I spent many years on a forum that had the exact same big, bold warning. Difference is, it only applied if you were on the other team.
Stay you boss. You do it right.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but poletricks are ok! :thumb:

whew, dodged that bullet. Everyone can relax now.

poledance3.gif

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yes,from now on,when I ever I find something that strikes me funny,I will be very careful and candid in my approach. What I thought would be my easy to see attempt at humor didnt seem to turn out all that funny.....as a matter of fact,it took such a hard turn,it caught me by surprise. Back to posting music vids and such for this guy....

KTM

Reaction score
Yes,from now on,when I ever I find something that strikes me funny,I will be very careful and candid in my approach. What I thought would be my easy to see attempt at humor didnt seem to turn out all that funny.....as a matter of fact,it took such a hard turn,it caught me by surprise. Back to posting music vids and such for this guy....

Good thing you didn't specify a direction of the turn in your post! :shock:

:D

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2:

what news channel were you watching when you saw the commercial?

:naughty:

(j/k don't answer that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads