Pls help to recognize Greco model

Tiggra

Reaction score
I want to buy Greco lesss Paul and I've found this guitar. Could you please help to recognize the model of this guitar? And the country?
It looks like mint series, 1982. But I'm confused with logo and some other details..

Attachments

Roxy13

Reaction score
Is the first digit of the serial number a 2? If so 1992.

I think it's one of those Rock Spirits models like an EGC 550.

It does appear to be a MIJ Greco.

Tiggra

Reaction score
Is the first digit of the serial number a 2? If so 1992.

I think it's one of those Rock Spirits models like an EGC 550.

It does appear to be a MIJ Greco.
Yes, first digit in serial is 2
2 5 022

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, first digit in serial is 2
2 5 022
I just looked at some catalogs. I believe it's a later 1992 EGC 550. They aren't in the 1992 catalog yet, which is why it's probably a later one, but they are in the 1993 catalog.

The reason I thought it was a Rock Spirits 550 is that bolt you can see on the back of the neck. Inside the front pickup cavity there are probably 2 more bolts through the tenon. I'm not sure why they decided to put those bolts in, but I think I've read the body on these is basswood. Basswood is softer than mahogany so it might be for extra strength.

Tiggra

Reaction score
I just looked at some catalogs. I believe it's a later 1992 EGC 550. They aren't in the 1992 catalog yet, which is why it's probably a later one, but they are in the 1993 catalog.

The reason I thought it was a Rock Spirits 550 is that bolt you can see on the back of the neck. Inside the front pickup cavity there are probably 2 more bolts through the tenon. I'm not sure why they decided to put those bolts in, but I think I've read the body on these is basswood. Basswood is softer than mahogany so it might be for extra strength.
Oh, thank you for this investigation!)
'cause the seller wrote me, that it's the mint collection from 1982, but it doesn't look like it should (according to catalogue and on the photos, whichI I managed to find in Google)

Roxy13

Reaction score
Oh, thank you for this investigation!)
'cause the seller wrote me, that it's the mint collection from 1982, but it doesn't look like it should (according to catalogue and on the photos, whichI I managed to find in Google)
No, not a mint collection. A mint collection 600 might be a nicer guitar although these 90s Rock Spirits might be lighter in weight? That can be nice too sometimes. I have a 1982 500 custom that weighs around 11lb.

Tiggra

Reaction score
I will ask seller for comments.. cause the price is really high

Latest Threads