Please tell me why BR Rosewood is so special

Why BR RW so special?

• Total voters

zplapplap

Reaction score
Looks great, the colors seem more intense- browns are deeper brown, reds are deeper red, black is deeper black.

IME- which is with mostly vintage instruments, it's less porous/smoother than Indian RW. I'm guessing it's more dense on average. On the family '54 ES 125, which doesn't have much playing miles on it, it's smooth like ebony and has great figure to it.

Whether it sounds better, IDK- I've not had a guitar re-boarded.

Based on my experience, given a choice, I'd take Braz every time.
Description of “less porous/smoother than Indian RW” and description of the deeper colors is precisely what I would have said in a comment. I have an acoustic with a Brazilian RW fretboard and bridge. Beyond that, I had a couple of old Martin’s in my hands with BRW back and sides. So, my limited experience with Brazilian RW is probably typical of many here.

Personally, I don’t have much interest in BRW on an electric guitar. I wouldn’t pay much of a premium or any premium for a new guitar with a Brazilian RW fretboard, for example. Acoustic guitar, new or old, is a different story . . .as long as I can establish that it is properly sourced.

Last edited:

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
The pick you choose will make more difference.
Which speaker in your amp will make way more difference.
If you can play the fucking thing makes all the difference in the world.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
This is a beauty! I don’t even care what the fingerboard is made of.

B5E11836-5091-4B32-A935-357F90A91B28.jpeg

Latest Threads