Please show me your fiddlebacks.

Metal Guru

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me find it pointless to argue about what constitutes fiddleback, quartersawn and so on? It’s like arguing about politics & religion.
Let’s all just admire the pictures of the beautiful LP’s and chill.
Rant over :)

vibroluxe

Reaction score
I think these qualify? Top one is a 2006 R9. Bottom is a 1981 Sandard 80
D643F84C-5568-4535-9483-B92B70816222.jpeg
E7F96FF2-A4F1-46E3-8D8C-8B867FF71BEF.jpeg

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me find it pointless to argue about what constitutes fiddleback, quartersawn and so on? It’s like arguing about politics & religion.
I haven't seen anyone argue over anything. Just a thread title asking to see a specific type of flame, a couple of people politely asking if what they posted constitutes said flame, and some equally polite answers. Thanks for the rant, though.

Here's a Fender for you in the spirit of all-inclusiveness...

trapland

Reaction score
Nobody argued. He asked. So no need to chill because nobody is worked up. But I’ll argue that your politics and religion analogy is a stretch.

trapland

Reaction score
I think @Danelectro has a great example there. Beautiful.

Here’s my R8 plaintop. I’d say it’s in the ballpark but still flames that are too wide and not twisted enough.

Gold Tone

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Maybe the PRS. I always understood “filldeback” as twisted/braided thin random weaves with good clarity.

Pinstripes, wide flames, quilt isn’t fiddleback. Unless of course you have a fiddle like that.

Pearly Gates is a decent example.

This

Though I do think the 2nd photo is a true fiddleback

But yes, I support your comments...most of the pics posted are not fiddleback. The pinstripe 1st pic is kinda close but not (BTW, I flipping love that top!!!). Burst tops are very much enamoured and also have very definined figure patterns. Fiddleback is a very specific figuring pattern.

Gold Tone

Reaction score
It’s a discussion friend, no one is arguing. Please be chill with the rest of us and enjoy contributing to our conversation about fiddleback Les Paul tops

Peace be with you

EasyAce

Reaction score
I have a Bloomfield sig model that qualifies . . .

Latest Threads