Please help ! Should My 1996 LPR9 original brown case be chaged to be Art&Historic ?

markguitar

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Gibson used the brown USA cases thru 1996. The first black Historic Collection cases came out in 1997 and the tolex was a very wide and course texture. For some reason they ripped real easy. So it was a one year only case and they switched to the current style black tolex in 1998.

tspoon5150

Reaction score
I have an original case for that guitar, I will trade your guitar for my case.

Just send it to me, and I will send the correct case back to you, I promise.

Barker

Reaction score
I thought this would be a silly thread, and it kinda is, but I'm now curious.... :D:hmm:.

My 1998 R7 came with a brown Gibson USA case (with the pink lining and the piece that covers the guitar). I always believed it to be correct, but now I have my doubts.... is it the wrong case?

Sorry, not trying to threadjack...... but I guess I kinda did... :naughty:.

markguitar

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I thought this would be a silly thread, and it kinda is, but I'm now curious.... :D:hmm:.

My 1998 R7 came with a brown Gibson USA case (with the pink lining and the piece that covers the guitar). I always believed it to be correct, but now I have my doubts.... is it the wrong case?

Sorry, not trying to threadjack...... but I guess I kinda did... :naughty:.

Hey Kristian, hope things are well down south! Your guitar would have come with a black Historic Collection case, 100%.

Barker

Reaction score
Hey Kristian, hope things are well down south! Your guitar would have come with a black Historic Collection case, 100%.

Thanks for the info Mark, life is good down here in The Lowcountry! I hope all is well up there.... :thumb:.

Now I need to buy another case.... :D.

giovanivan

Reaction score

Barker

Reaction score
Now I need to buy another case.... :D.

Dear Baker,

You should go with this case below, this is correct one for your R7. The price is still negotiable as I ever asked.

Gibson Hardshell Case Les Paul Custom Art Historic Black Burgandy Interior NMINT | eBay

Thanks gio, but I was just playing around. I'm fine with the case that I have, this thread just got me curious. If I was was to buy another case it would be a one of the older Lifton RI cases.

Latest Threads