Renton

Reaction score
Hi. Please help identify this Gibson. Interested what specification
1.png
2.png

RMLamey

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standard +, Desert Burst, Chrome Hardware.

Not sure what pickups came in those, wiser heads will chime in.

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
Built first week of April, 2011.

Those are locking Grover rheumatic tears - I mean, Rotomatic tuners.

(Voice-to-text silliness there…)

Leee

Reaction score
I’m only guessing, but I will presume that the neck is the standard rounded or 50s profile by default.
Usually anything in that era with a slim 60 neck had a specific model designation.
Classic, 60s this or that…

As for the pickups?
I don’t know.
I checked out on Gibson in about 2008 and didn’t come back for ten years.

Give it some time.
There are plenty of folks here with more information on guitars from that period of time.

Maybe do a web search for 2011 Gibson Les Paul Standard and see what pops up from old advertisements or ads posted for sale.

1allspub

Reaction score
IIRC, stock pickups would have been some flavor of Burstbuckers (not sure which).

1allspub

Reaction score
I’m only guessing, but I will presume that the neck is the standard rounded or 50s profile by default.
Usually anything in that era with a slim 60 neck had a specific model designation.
Classic, 60s this or that…

As for the pickups?
I don’t know.
I checked out on Gibson in about 2008 and didn’t come back for ten years.

Give it some time.
There are plenty of folks here with more information on guitars from that period of time.

Maybe do a web search for 2011 Gibson Les Paul Standard and see what pops up from old advertisements or ads posted for sale.
Starting in 2008 the Standard went to a 60s slim taper neck with a compound radius board (and push/pull pots and modern weight relief—not really very “standard” at all really ;)). This held true (more or less) until the revamped Standards of the new management era (2019+).

Leee

Reaction score
Starting in 2008 the Standard went to a 60s slim taper neck with a compound radius board (and push/pull pots and modern weight relief—not really very “standard” at all really ;)).
That’s right.
This is when the Traditional came out.

So if you wanted the Standard they had been building for 50 years, you had to get a Traditional, because the Standard was no longer the standard - in more ways than one.

A big part of the reason I walked away from Gibson.

1allspub

Reaction score
That’s right.
This is when the Traditional came out.

So if you wanted the Standard they had been building for 50 years, you had to get a Traditional, because the Standard was no longer the standard - in more ways than one.

A big part of the reason I walked away from Gibson.
Yup! :cool:

Which is why I owned several Trads back in the day (and still have one, a heavily-modded 2016 Honey Burst that was the cream of the crop of the ones I had).

In retrospect, it’s pretty easy to see when Gibson started losing their way under HJ. Nothing tragically wrong yet in 2008... I get it, they were trying to “stay with the times”... but the early signs of poor decision-making (vis-a-vis Gibson’s general direction) were clearly evident in the 2008 model changes.

HJ was good for a season (early on), but like most of us, he outlived his usefulness. LOL!

Renton

Reaction score
99% ???

Neck profile: 50s
pickups: burstbuker pro

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the fully chambered body (late 2007 to 2011). Modern weight relief didn't appear until 2012

Latest Threads