Please Help! 57 Special...Should I buy!

lowe

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You won't know what the reserve is untill you bid at, or above it.

River

Reaction score
I'd get a professional opinion on those "few repairs".

LongBeach

Reaction score
IMO - keep your eye on it, you got 9 days.
By then, you should get a pretty good idea
what the reserve is.

good luck :thumb:

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That crack scares me. If I bought it, I think I'd ship it straight to Greg.

In today's market, with that crack, what do you guys think? Under $15K? Maybe $10K?

Gunner

CEO Teen Axe Leader
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1957 Gibson Les Paul TV Special Guitar RARE Lifton Case - eBay Right-Handed, Electric, Guitar, Musical Instruments. (end time 29-Oct-08 11:00:54 AEDST)

Look at that beaut. A few repairs and shes golden. Should I buy it, and how do I find out what the reserve is?

Thanks!

(P.S Back off, its mine :p)

Man, you must have a lot of dough for a Teen. This thing will not see the south side of $10000.00 if its real. The cost of "quality" repairs will also loom large in the bidding. Good luck and let us know if you win it!:wow:

Kuroyama

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dont know if itll go 10K, but it will go much higher than listed. That neck crack will require repair that will not only cost a lot, but take a real bite out of any resale value. Not that I buy Gibson guitars as investments, but IMO whatever price is agreed upon in this auction will be the highest price ever paid for that guitar. Everything from this point is downhill. If you just want a Gibby Special with P90s keep watching auctions. They dont go for that much ($500 or so)

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Well I got a answer back from him. The idiot will list the price the guitar is worth on the Customs sheet. So if it sells for $5,000, he'll list it at what its worth....

Over $20,000. What the fuck? It doesnt make sence, I hope I read it wrong, or some poor bastard is gonna hurt bad.

frankthomson

Reaction score
i like it, but i'd def say UNDER 10k(US)...
maybe even $6500.
(i wouldnt pay over $4k)

Mike60

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the crack makes it forever a player grade guitar.

Kuroyama

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance... is there a market for raggedy old cases? I mean, I can appreciate an old case, but if you were gonna play the guitar outside your home, youd have to buy a case to protect the case!! I see that as a negative. I dont beat up my Gibson case, but its there to protect the guitar, not there to be protected.

frankthomson

Reaction score
did you miss the case that comes with it?

lol
unfortunately, no.

just cause it's old, people think their guitar is worth mega bux

all i keep thinking is, *what kind of other damage does it have if it sustained a body crack like that?*

i stick by my $4k number :D

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
this guitar comes with, I think (Im out of town on a dial up right now), the true Cali Girl case. AFAIK they are worth quite a bit more than a Lifton.

so you get a case you can sell for $2-3K, what do you add for the guitar?

Unless the market is worse than I thought it was, I think this Special should get up near $10K.

If I was in the market, I'd have Greg look at it first, get an idea what the repair would cost. As Mike said, it'll always be a player because of the repair, but that's why it isn't $20-25K

Ed B

Reaction score
should you buy it? i say no.

theres more than one question of integrity on that listing. i love ebay, but i would be very leary buying something like this there unless you could go see it..

plus someone is going to waaaay over pay for this. don't be that guy.

frankthomson

Reaction score
this guitar comes with, I think (Im out of town on a dial up right now), the true Cali Girl case. AFAIK they are worth quite a bit more than a Lifton.

so you get a case you can sell for $2-3K, what do you add for the guitar?

Unless the market is worse than I thought it was, I think this Special should get up near $10K.

If I was in the market, I'd have Greg look at it first, get an idea what the repair would cost. As Mike said, it'll always be a player because of the repair, but that's why it isn't $20-25K

I GUESS $1 to $2k...:D

Latest Threads