Please HELP!:) 2011 les paul traditional exclusive edition

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
I recently just purchased a worn honeyburst traditional standard.
It was made in late april and was production number 300. They made these guitars exclusively for canadian dealers but a lot have made their way around.....
my question is about my my neck!!! I traded my other gibson in for this one and my old one had a slim 60's neck. When i received this 2011 traditional, the gibson dealer assured me it was a 60's neck. and was roughly the same size as my previous one. However on the gibson website it states these are 50's rounded necks. now ive been playing it for a couple days and it seems very slim... maybe a little chunkier towards the 13th fret but its really slim besides. I contacted gibson and they said theirs no way its a slim neck. hah
so i have lots of pics i was wondering if you guys could tell me if its a 60's? or 50's? or just a little defect from the woodwork.

Attachments

• DSC00117.jpg
    DSC00117.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00122.jpg
    DSC00122.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 73

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
More pics!!!

Attachments

• DSC00118.jpg
    DSC00118.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 45

coldengray

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gibson can never get their facts straight...if you like the neck, don't sweat it. Great looking guitar, btw!

Seven

Reaction score
Stop sweating the neck and pick up your clothes up off the floor!:shock:

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I recently just purchased a worn honeyburst traditional standard.
It was made in late april and was production number 300.

That is kind of tough since they only made 250 of them.

However on the gibson website it states these are 50's rounded necks.

Since when have these guitars been on the Gibson website?

I contacted gibson and they said theirs no way its a slim neck.

Gibson keeps terrible records for guitars that are made for dealers outside of the US or are shipped out of the country. When I contacted them about mine they provided me info that was blatantly wrong so do not believe anything they tell you about this guitar.

so i have lots of pics i was wondering if you guys could tell me if its a 60's? or 50's? or just a little defect from the woodwork.

A defect from the woodwork?

And the only way to tell is for you to measure it. And if it comfortable to play who cares whether it is technically a '50s or '60s neck?

You need to read this thread:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gib...p-traditional-standard-faded-mega-thread.html

Hedcrash

Reaction score
No idea about the neck size question - sorry.

Is it just me or does it look like there's a ton of relief in that neck?

Pinkie

Reaction score
Looks like a 50's size neck to me looking at the pics.
Quite a bit of relief in the neck too.
And please clean your room.LOL

iridereallyslow

Reaction score
No idea about the neck size question - sorry.

Is it just me or does it look like there's a ton of relief in that neck?

I don't think it's just you. To me it also looks like there is probably too much relief in the neck.

As others have said, quit worrying about what Gibson has stated about run numbers or neck sizes. If you like the neck, then play it! Also, It is very hard if not impossible to determine the neck size just by those pictures. You would need to measure the neck. The necks I believe are hand sanded though during production so every neck will be a little different, 50s or 60s.

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
haha thanks guys!, my floor is messy cause im just packing and getting ready to fly. so i kinda noticed the relief as well. which is weird cause i had it set up professionally last night at Long & MaQuade, does it look like the truss rod needs to be adjusted???
an earlier reply mentioned that this les paul model only ran 250 copies? i thought mine was the 325. im just a little confused.
can anyone confirm these serial numbers for me:):) thanks guys any helpful input is greatly appreciated, even if its about the clothes on my floor:dude:

Attachments

• DSC00130.jpg
    DSC00130.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00131.jpg
    DSC00131.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00132.jpg
    DSC00132.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00133.jpg
    DSC00133.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29

bobarino

Reaction score
i agree with what most have said - neck looks fat and trussrod seems too loose.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
an earlier reply mentioned that this les paul model only ran 250 copies? i thought mine was the 325. im just a little confused.

You obviously are since you claimed in your original post that it was #300 but are now claiming #325. What makes you think you have production number whatever?

There were only 250 of these made. These guitars do not indicate a production number for this model in their serial number, they simply indicate where the guitar falls in the production numbers for the particular day on which it was stamped (the day a guitar is stamped is not the day it was completed) and there would be various models stamped that day.

can anyone confirm these serial numbers for me

No, not without seeing the serial number. And, as I said, the serial number gives no indication of the number out of however many of this model were made.

ETA: I just noticed the picture with the serial number. It was stamped on April 5th (yours was stamped one week before mine) but, as I said, that does not indicate the day a guitar is finished, merely the day on which it was stamped. And this guitar is the 625th stamped that day. The first three hundred numbers are reserved for acoustics so that would put this at 325 for electric (where did you get #300?). But since there are all kinds of models stamped on any given day that gives absolutely no indication of where in the production run this guitar fall for that particular model.

Pinkie

Reaction score
It is hard to say if it has too much relief I'm not holding it in my hands.
But it sure does look that way.If a bunch have said the same thing here I'm not alone.
If it plays fine so be it.

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
maybe mine was just the 325th that came out of that factory in 2011. the last pic i posted is the back of the headstock with a serial number.

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
thanks my guy at long and maquade looked up all my info for me, and serviced my guitar, and told me it was a 60's slim taper neck then sold me it... lol what do you guys think about that

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
maybe mine was just the 325th that came out of that factory in 2011.

No it was not. It was the 325th stamped on that particular day. Why come here asking for info then claim something else? These guitars were limited to 250 and Gibson did not change their serial number system for this model.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
thanks my guy at long and maquade looked up all my info for me, and serviced my guitar, and told me it was a 60's slim taper neck then sold me it... lol what do you guys think about that

That is fine because that is the info that L&M has on these guitars. L&M made a special order for these so they would know more about what they asked for than Gibson whose records are crap.

Which L&M store did you buy it from?

valenciaonfire

Reaction score
I purchased it in New Brunswick, and the guy at long and maquade just told me he must have been mistaken about the specs as far as the neck goes. but im not claiming anything im generally asking for information. thanks for the info guys!!:)

Latest Threads