Please don't laugh.....

BadPenguin

Reaction score
.... but I have always wanted one of these! I don't know why, perhaps the maple body, or that strangely shaped neck, or maybe the Bill Lawrence acrylic pickups, making it sound more tele, then Gibby. Whatever the reason, I just found this beast in a pawn shop, and she had to come home with me.
An all original 1976 Gibson Marauder!

GEDC1156.JPG

GEDC1158.JPG

GEDC1159.JPG

GEDC1160.JPG

Wonderful player, reasonably light without neck dive :), and a hair bit bright, but that's what the EQ is for on the amp, right?

DarrellV

Don't bring me down....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Competition was tough, you can't blame Gibson for trying. ..

No need for laughs IMO , if you like it more power to you.

I'm glad to see these orphans find a good home. :thumb:

I watched a vid with Greg demoing a Victory the other day and it sounded pretty good to me. :dunno:

Vibroluxer

Reaction score
Im a huge fan of 2 knobs and a switch. Way to go, it looks cool!

judson

Reaction score
and its brother the L6S...back in the day a few buddies bought them....i still like em and the prices on both are not bad for what they are really...:h5:

1592185049321.png

Last edited:

Vibroluxer

Reaction score
Like I said, 2 knobs and a switch and Im in! Nice looking guitar.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
.... but I have always wanted one of these! I don't know why, perhaps the maple body, or that strangely shaped neck, or maybe the Bill Lawrence acrylic pickups, making it sound more tele, then Gibby. Whatever the reason, I just found this beast in a pawn shop, and she had to come home with me.
An all original 1976 Gibson Marauder!

View attachment 469403

View attachment 469404

View attachment 469405

View attachment 469406

Wonderful player, reasonably light without neck dive :), and a hair bit bright, but that's what the EQ is for on the amp, right?
Basically same pick guard as the new juniors.

MiniB

Reaction score
and its brother the L6S...back in the day a few buddies bought them....i still like em and the prices on both are not bad for what they are really...:h5:

View attachment 469416
I had a friend who had one of these, and I thought for a while that it was just some weird barely-a-guitar that someone had tried to put a fake Gibson logo on to fool unsuspecting and inexperienced buyers. But as I realized.....it was, but Gibson put on the logo.

I'm kidding of course, if someone like them or they represented some fond years of starting guitar, then they're priceless in their own way.

rikko

Reaction score
They're cool & different & the sounds my buddy gets out of it are collosal!!!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only because you said not to laugh ;)

They are cool in their own special way ;)
I might have done the build a bit differently, but they certainly are unique.

bum

Reaction score
Awesome guitar, I'd sooner see these than the endless parade of sunburst Les Pauls, they have so much character, wonderful stuff!

Carl1955

Reaction score
That is a great guitar.
I learned, and played, my first Elvis (Scotty Moore) solo's on that model in the 70's.

Have fun.

Best regards,
Carl.

bwillard

Reaction score
I won't laugh. It's AWESOME! If I ever came across one in good condition like that at a fair price, I would have one too!

Adinol

Reaction score
I'm not laughing either. It's interesting to have a guitar that is not one of the usual suspects and if it happens to be a good instrument there's no reason not to take care of it (and use it to make music).

Latest Threads