Playing in FEZZband

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
PUNISHING day in the garage. I picked up Vin and drove into the cold NOTHING. We were both pale as choblins as we joff-elled through the toglins.. We talked about early Aluce Cooper band ,

"Vin,FINALLY some respect after 30 years I was really glad when our Outlaws/Hatchet loving engineers brought up Cooper during our last session.....they are now in my clutches......back in 2020 February....they thought I got lucky....after last recording they are now drinking FEZZ ade....

Actual words spoken by Jesse two weeks ago------
"You know after dusting off the tapes and studying them after 11 months.....I heard Zep.Sab,and original Alice Cooper band.....you guys are REALLY good."

He was surprised,last February we were in TOTAL joke band mode......EVERYBODY was drunk,except me....plus ENDLESS Med Avocado.....I actually played ONLY B+ guitar not my usual A+I was Page/Keith sloppy......which was perfect for the song SPIDERS In MY STEW......by 8pm I had to drive EVERYBODY home.....drunk as skunks they were..

Vin" Yeah they love us now,when you were loading gear last month J and T told me that we were the best band in the area.,"

FEZZ " Yes,we are,wait until you see my new guitar. "
We arrived at FEZZ Garage- Chris,Tommy, and Shawn were standing in the driveway smoking...it was 21 degrees!
FEZZ " Guys missed you...love you.....glad we get to rehearse for a change,recording is nice,but,I miss FEZZ garage.Much to work on."

We went inside it was 41 degrees in FEZZ Garage. We plugged in. PUFF,my Page DRAGON Tele shocked the world,Chris,Tommy,and Shawn LOVED the way PUFF looked.....Vin...thought PUFF looked cheap...tawdry....Then they heard my first B Power Chord......all 4 agreed.....this Tele was mean!

We went through our "set".We were so good,after 6 weeks ,zero Rust Never Sleeps,

Vin on Purple Blue Mexi Strat through Fender solid state and FUZZ star pedal,Chris on Dan Armstrong lucite through Randall Commander and his vintage MXR distortion from 1980 and wah,Tommy played his Dee Dee bass through through ? Berringer? Bass rigs I often forget......Shawn on Premiere drums...I played PUFF through my Sundown and BBE boost....BBE was not as loud as my amp volume? Why do I even bother with boosts?

We played ....we froze....Tommy ,who is in the worst health,was teetering.......

FEZZ" OK guys ...ENOUGH punishment....let's get out of here...GREAT jam....see you next week at recording.....

Much fist bumping.

Tommy staggered to his car,
FEZZ "Tommy,you were MVP today,TOUGH bass playing today.

Shawn and Chris waved and re-entered FEZZGarage to continue drinking COLD BEER!

I drove back into the frost......it was a PERFECT day!

Last edited:

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Tomorrow I drive an hour north into Central Minnesota for garage rehearsal. Can't wait. Using propane heaters. Predicted about 10 below in the afternoon, 25 below overnight, thank Lemmy the winds are light.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tomorrow I drive an hour north into Central Minnesota for garage rehearsal. Can't wait. Using propane heaters. Predicted about 10 below in the afternoon, 25 below overnight, thank Lemmy the winds are light.
P, that is HARDCORE. 25 below? HOLY FEZZ! I played well considering my hands were numb. I like the "desperation" the cold creates-EVERY song was alittle faster..........meaner......

PapaSquash

Reaction score
P, that is HARDCORE. 25 below? HOLY FEZZ! I played well considering my hands were numb. I like the "desperation" the cold creates-EVERY song was alittle faster..........meaner......
With the heaters we got it up to 29 in there. Got through some down-tuned Vol4 stuff ,plus Mob Rules

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
With the heaters we got it up to 29 in there. Got through some down-tuned Vol4 stuff ,plus Mob Rules
P, a "cozy" 29. Sab is not easy to play- I'm TERRIBLE at covers- I could do a decent version of NIB and Sweetleaf-solos? Hell, I can't even duplicate my solos. Iommi REALLY grew as a lead player during Dio years-more fluid- back in '91 I was friends with a KILLER Sab cover band-their guitarist RIPPED the solos from Mob+Heaven- Sign of Southern Cross+Country Girl+ Die Young+++++I knew then- I better write originals-these solos are IMPOSSIBLE!

Latest Threads