Player's Grade Gibson SG

geekocaster

Reaction score
Player's Grade Gibson SG - priced (firm) accordingly

Each of my guitars for sale are players. If you are looking for perfect these aren't for you. Please read descriptions carefully for disclosures.

2011 Gibson SG Special in "radiant red" nitro
Again this is player grade, it has finish dings and such. Guitar has some nice updates: Grover 18:1 Sta-Tite Tuners, Gibson BurstBucker 2 neck, Gibson BurstBucker Pro 2 bridge. Gator Brown hardshell case with pink shroud.
NOTE: Gibson factory painted over the S/N & Made in USA Stamp, I removed some of the paint over the stamps with a mini high speed buffer (See pix)
This was sold to me brand new by Musicians Friend in january 2013 so it is probably some type of baked maple fingerboard or black dyed fingerboard (not rosewood).

Price: $495 shipped and paypalled conus.

more pix here:
Strats Photos by geekocaster | Photobucket

Discounts for cash local pickup in Great Falls Va.

Trades considered case by case (not looking for anything in particular right now)

geekocaster

Reaction score
Hi, is this mahogany neck ?

Gibson SG Special Limited
Limited Run Model and Color
Radiant Red
Nitrocellulose Gloss Finish

This Gibson SG Special in Limited Edition Radiant Red gloss nitrocellulose lacquer is a guitar that's heavy on tone and no-nonsense features.
Like all the great SGs of the past five decades, this SG Special Limited has a body crafted from solid mahogany in the asymmetrical 'double-horned' deep double-cutaway design. A light and supremely resonant wood, mahogany gives this guitar outstanding tonal richness and depth, with plenty of clarity and sustain. Coupled with the SG's characteristic beveled edge, a big part of this model's distinctive styling, the mahogany's light weight also enhances playing comfort.

A solid mahogany neck is carved in a rounded '60s profile that measures .818 inches at the 1st fret and .963 inches at the 12th. It is glued into the body with Gibson's acclaimed deep set-neck joint, and topped with an unbound fingerboard made from dark Obeche, with 22 medium-jumbo frets and a Corian nut cut on the PLEK for optimum precision. The SG Special Limited is further distinguished by its simpler gold silkscreened headstock logo, the business like dot inlays on the fingerboard, and the large black pickguard that is characteristic of post 1967 SG's.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Model: Gibson SG Special Limited Edition
MPN: SGSPORRCH1

Body Species: Mahogany

Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50

Neck species: Mahogany

Profile: SG SlimTaper

Truss Rod: Traditional Adjustable

Joint Angle: 5° (+/- 15 seconds)

Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50

Neck Fit Joint: Mortise and Tenon

Fingerboard Species: Obeche

Frets: 22

Radius: 12 inches

Nut/E.O.B: 1.695/2.260 inches

Scale Length: 24.75 inches

Inlays: Acrylic Dot

Nut Material: Corian

Width: 1.695

Slots: Gibson PLEK System

Headstock Logo: Gold Script 'Gibson' Logo with Holly Veneer

Truss Rod Cover: Black and White Antique Bell

Tuners Model: TonePros Vintage-Style Green Key (Changed to Grover keys with adaptor bushings by me, have the original tone pros available if you prefer.)

Plating: Nickel

Tuning Ratio: 14:1

Bridge Type: Tune-O-Matic

Material: Zamak

Plating: Chrome

Tailpiece Type: Stop Bar

Material: Zamak

Plating: Chrome

Hardware Knobs: Black Top Hat with Chrome Inserts

Pickguard: Black 5-ply '67 Style

Toggle Switch Washer: Black with Gold Silkscreen

Control Plate Cover: Black Acrylic

Strap Buttons: Aluminum

Pickup Neck Position: Dirty Fingers (Ceramic) - Changed to BurstBucker #2 by me.

Bridge Position: Dirty Fingers (Ceramic) - Changed to BurstBucker Pro #2 by me.

Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls

Type: 300k Linear Volume, 500k Non-linear Tone

Coil Wiring: Machine Wound

Toggle Switch: Three-way Switchcraft with Back Plastic Tip

Output Jack: Traditional 1/4 inch

Finish Sealer: Nitrocellulose

geekocaster

Reaction score
Location?

NoVA/WashDC 20166 zip code. Near IAD - Dulles Airport.

Checked Ebay- same model going for $899. mine includes a brown Gator brand hardshell case

pix:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/geekocaster/library/Strats?sort=6&page=1

Oh BTW, I still have the stock Kluson tuners will include they look like this installed on the guitar:

197F5A83-9FDA-448D-8E85-8CE19E6E080E-3079-000008F030C2EF25.jpg

jc2000

Reaction score
Looks like a good price... GLWS!

Latest Threads