Plain tops need love too

David Garner

Reaction score
Looks like I need your advice : did you actually swap the bridge for a ABR-1? I am waiting for a 93 to arrive (beautiful top as well) but it has a Nashville on it...just wondering
I got the Faber Tone Lock master kit on mine, which is an ABR-1 type locking bridge, plus a locking tailpiece with spacers to keep it locked to the body if you have to raise it. I also used the INsert studs they offer in lieu of Nashville conversion inserts.

I don't think it's necessary by any means, but it does keep the bridge and tailpiece locked in place for string changes, and it does change the tone, which I found to be an improvement.

Reaction score
I got the Faber Tone Lock master kit on mine, which is an ABR-1 type locking bridge, plus a locking tailpiece with spacers to keep it locked to the body if you have to raise it. I also used the INsert studs they offer in lieu of
I got the Faber Tone Lock master kit on mine, which is an ABR-1 type locking bridge, plus a locking tailpiece with spacers to keep it locked to the body if you have to raise it. I also used the INsert studs they offer in lieu of Nashville conversion inserts.

I don't think it's necessary by any means, but it does keep the bridge and tailpiece locked in place for string changes, and it does change the tone, which I found to be an improvement.
Pretty cool ! Cool looking as well! I understand that you are happy about the Faber stuff, I don’t know their ABRs but I am frustrated with one of their wraparounds on a ObG junior dc: the action is really high (people call it medium, but I like very low when possible) and it’s set @ the lowest possible position... but let’s not troll this nice thread...
Cool looking LPS ! And long live plain tops !

Latest Threads