Piezo

loveboat

Reaction score
I'll try asking this question in this subforum, as I didn't get any replies in the pickup forum.

Here goes.

In my current build, which is a semi-hollow type guitar, I want to add a piezo mic.
How would I do that?

Just buy a piezo transducer and wire it as a normal pickup to the 3way switch?

I was going to use one humbucker and one piezo.

Also, please suggest me a piezo pickup/transducer that would be suitable for an electric semi hollow.

BMS

Reaction score
I'll try asking this question in this subforum, as I didn't get any replies in the pickup forum.

Here goes.

In my current build, which is a semi-hollow type guitar, I want to add a piezo mic.
How would I do that?

Just buy a piezo transducer and wire it as a normal pickup to the 3way switch?

I was going to use one humbucker and one piezo.

Also, please suggest me a piezo pickup/transducer that would be suitable for an electric semi hollow.

I'm not sure what type/style would be suitable for your semi-hollow, but I do believe it would have to have a pre amp designated either on board in your guitar or externally which would mean that you should have a separate jack or a stereo jack to send the piezo signal to the external preamp. So I don't think you can put it in with the magnetic p/u's. Check out the Fishman site and see what they have there. I know they make a tunomatic style and this I am familiar with.

Latest Threads