Pictures - Aged Custombucker Alnico III Unpotted - 2018 Junior VOS

lawrev

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the advice in the other thread! Here are the end results. Both pickups are a pair I purchased out of a 2019 R7.

The installed bridge pickup was done first --two coats of white vinegar and while that helped, it wasn't making a big enough of a change. So I bought muriatic acid and put another 3 light coats on with Qtips. One light coat each day for 3 days.

With that done, I simply went for 4 light coats of the muriatic acid on the neck pickup (not installed yet as I need a second guitar). The neck pickup has some funky dots, which I think may be because I coated the pickup in 50 degree temps outside. I do love the end result on the neck pickup too. But very careful to avoid getting acid on the wiring.

I think the bridge pickup result fits very well with the VOS vibe on the Junior. Very happy with the results. Thanks again to those who provided their experience and thoughts, especially @jstarr823 Happy Holidays to all!

2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 2.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 1.jpg 2019 Gibson Custombucker Neck Aged.jpg

LP1865

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the advice in the other thread! Here are the end results. Both pickups are a pair I purchased out of a 2019 R7.

The installed bridge pickup was done first --two coats of white vinegar and while that helped, it wasn't making a big enough of a change. So I bought muriatic acid and put another 3 light coats on with Qtips. One light coat each day for 3 days.

With that done, I simply went for 4 light coats of the muriatic acid on the neck pickup (not installed yet as I need a second guitar). The neck pickup has some funky dots, which I think may be because I coated the pickup in 50 degree temps outside. I do love the end result on the neck pickup too. But very careful to avoid getting acid on the wiring.

I think the bridge pickup result fits very well with the VOS vibe on the Junior. Very happy with the results. Thanks again to those who provided their experience and thoughts, especially @jstarr823 Happy Holidays to all!

View attachment 506466 View attachment 506467 View attachment 506468
Looks amazing. Well done!!!!

Latest Threads