PICS added! NO Self Control (19' Standard Bourbon 60s)

lpfan1980

Reaction score
You held out better than I did.
I briefly satisfied the Lester urge with a Harley Benton GTP90. However, the 12 week wait time for delivery quickly negated the satisfaction of buying one, and when it arrived, the quality (not unexpected) was the final trigger for a new GAS attack.
I held out for about 3 weeks... then when my wife headed to a class in Orange County, I scooted to Sam Ash and picked up the 2019 '60s Standard.
Sometimes the no name pop doesnt cut it ,ya gotta get the Coca Cola or Pepsi [like em both but to me they taste different]

Prospector

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I’m likewise interested in the new Standard. Please give us a report after you have a chance to take it for a spin!

MoJoe77

Reaction score
Thanks for all the votes of confidence, guysssss I got it yesterday and HOLY moses this thing is frickin awesome! Hands down nicest LP I've ever had and I've had a lot over the years! The neck is so fast and slim, the way I like them, and the top wowwwwwwww

thumbnail_IMG_5877.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5878.jpg

Niloy63

Reaction score
She's awesome! I think with time, we'll look back at the 2019s as a cut above most years in terms of quality. Gibson had something to prove with it being the first year that Henry hasn't been at the helm for quite a while, and their whole new mantra that they've been espousing. Congrats on your NGD! Play her hard and true!!! :dude:

MoJoe77

Reaction score
She's awesome! I think with time, we'll look back at the 2019s as a cut above most years in terms of quality. Gibson had something to prove with it being the first year that Henry hasn't been at the helm for quite a while, and their whole new mantra that they've been espousing. Congrats on your NGD! Play her hard and true!!! :dude:
Thanks, absolutely they really exceeded my expectations and I have the bar pretty high. There's just some things that don't need fixing and many years I've rolled my eyes at the changes hoping for a return to form, they're def back on the right track this year!

Now I need a Marshall!

Niloy63

Reaction score
Thanks, absolutely they really exceeded my expectations and I have the bar pretty high. There's just some things that don't need fixing and many years I've rolled my eyes at the changes hoping for a return to form, they're def back on the right track this year!

Now I need a Marshall!
100% agreed! As an example, I personally couldn't get on board with the HP Standards because of all the excessive chrome parts everywhere (TRC, pickup rings, vol/tone knobs, etc.). I like regular ol' bling just like the next dude, but there's a limit to everything. lol Congrats again!

And re: needing a Marshall... me too! I've been on the hunt for a Bogner modded/hotrodded JCM 800 2203 for quite a while. Those suckers aren't the easiest to find. And if you do, it usually will cost you an arm and half a leg. :facepalm:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
And re: needing a Marshall... me too!
I've got that covered... kinda.
A few years ago, my wife was trying to decide what to get me for my birthday.
She went through my Amazon wish list, not realizing that I just stick random stuff in there, not because I really want it, but to watch it and keep an eye out for comparisons.
For some reason, in addition to a couple of small modeling amps, a little MG15R had found its way onto my list.
I about shit my pants when she told me that she bought me a Marshall for my birthday... it was a small bit of a letdown when it arrived (I had a DSL20 on the list too).
But I can say that I do have a Marshall :D

MoJoe77

Reaction score
I've got that covered... kinda.
A few years ago, my wife was trying to decide what to get me for my birthday.
She went through my Amazon wish list, not realizing that I just stick random stuff in there, not because I really want it, but to watch it and keep an eye out for comparisons.
For some reason, in addition to a couple of small modeling amps, a little MG15R had found its way onto my list.
I about shit my pants when she told me that she bought me a Marshall for my birthday... it was a small bit of a letdown when it arrived (I had a DSL20 on the list too).
But I can say that I do have a Marshall :D
hah, imagine if you had just a Marshall stack in there hah, very cool of her either way!

Latest Threads