PICS added! NO Self Control (19' Standard Bourbon 60s)

MoJoe77

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally caved and got me a bourbon standard 60s after lusting after them for months. I feel half guilty and half excited beyond belief! She's a 9.3lb-der which is right around what I was looking for. The top looks real purdy, I know the pic has it under intense light, I hope it looks this nice when it delivers.

Any other standard 60s owners out there, will I love it?

bourbon.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! I fell in love with my 60s Standard. Best Nashville production LP I've owned in quite some time. Had to let her go in order to buy my first Custom Shop. She went to a good home though. Enjoy!

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I think one of these new fiddles is gonna make its way to my home... just not sure which.. torn between the two gold top options, burst 50s, burst 60s.... the consensus seems to be that they’re are all good choices..

Leaning mostly toward the bucker GT...

MoJoe77

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, I can't wait for it but also am feeling that gas regret like wtf did I do hah!

I notice these bourbon bursts seem a bit all over in variation of red to dark. I have seen one at Sam Ash that looked super tobacco. I like some reds in my bourbon so hopefully this one is the one!

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, I can't wait for it but also am feeling that gas regret like wtf did I do hah!

I notice these bourbon bursts seem a bit all over in variation of red to dark. I have seen one at Sam Ash that looked super tobacco. I like some reds in my bourbon so hopefully this one is the one!
I know that feeling..... you’ll get over it lol

mfranzdorf

Reaction score
I’m so right there with you my friend! I have pondered and dithered over this guitar for months now. I’ve called and got prices, I’ve had them in the checkout cart, I’ve been to the store and nearly pulled the trigger over and over. This will (because I know it’ll eventually happen) , be the most I’ve ever spent on one guitar and I’m not finding it easy to do. Have two Epi Les Pauls and if I’m honest they are just fine for what i do but DAMN do I want one of these new 60’s...
Enjoy yours!

MoJoe77

Reaction score
I’m so right there with you my friend! I have pondered and dithered over this guitar for months now. I’ve called and got prices, I’ve had them in the checkout cart, I’ve been to the store and nearly pulled the trigger over and over. This will (because I know it’ll eventually happen) , be the most I’ve ever spent on one guitar and I’m not finding it easy to do. Have two Epi Les Pauls and if I’m honest they are just fine for what i do but DAMN do I want one of these new 60’s...
Enjoy yours!
hah yup 100% the hovering of the click finger on the mouse, then I chicken out usually. I am not a rich man by any means so it was a long decision. I got it for a decent price, a little bummed that reverb charges tax now to my state which really sucked.

I felt this year Gibson finally got the standard to all I've been looking for in specs, burst, and neck profile, weight. I have longed for a bourbon burst for decades since I laid eyes on the customs and historics, so to have one without a 5-7k price tag out there was only a matter of time for me.

I'm sure I'll have to sell it when my daughter needs braces! But maybe I can pretend I kept it forever! Hope you get one yourself!

danzego

Reaction score
I have a feeling it’s going to look even better in person. Congrats!

Benniator

Reaction score
Congrats! I personally love mine. It plays beautifully and sustains for days.

JAMESAK51

Reaction score
Congrats!! You're going to love it!! Any regrets that you're having now will be gone as soon as you get it in your hands. I fell in love with mine instantly. Enjoy!!

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Dont feel bad if you can afford it man/ If you cant pay the rent or eat properly for 6 months then send it back-OTHERWISE ENJOYYYYY.
If you’re deciding between eating or having a place to live versus buying a guitar....you have a whole other set of problems going on.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally caved and got me a bourbon standard 60s after lusting after them for months.
You held out better than I did.
I briefly satisfied the Lester urge with a Harley Benton GTP90. However, the 12 week wait time for delivery quickly negated the satisfaction of buying one, and when it arrived, the quality (not unexpected) was the final trigger for a new GAS attack.
I held out for about 3 weeks... then when my wife headed to a class in Orange County, I scooted to Sam Ash and picked up the 2019 '60s Standard.

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
Sweet. Looks great and I am sure it will be wonderful. Love the kidney bean tuners if it did not have them I would add them.

Latest Threads