pickups zise rings gibson les paul studio ?

kawesqar

Reaction score
hello friends ... I'm from chile. I have a gibson les paul studio winered. I want to change the plastic parts .. as pickguard and rings .... I have to order them to another city where they sell the original parts ..

My question is this:
what are the steps to my les paul ..?

This is the page where acheter ...

anzianiguitar.com | website

if possible .. What color is your opinion for a wine red .... accept opinions .... greetings friends.

kittyhawk

Reaction score
Hello,

I would go with these parts:

BRIDGE MOUNTING RING, CURVED BOTTOM. CREAM.
NECK MOUNTING RING, CURVED BOTTOM, CREAM.

Curved bottom & slanted. I like cream on red lps.
Show us some fotos.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I just put new pup rings on a Studio (creme on black). The new rings came with springs and the pup height screw. When I got it all back together the springs are too weak for my tastes and the screws too short. I had beefier springs (not stock) in their before, not sure why I had the brain fart and put the cheesy springs in. I'll swap them in when I get a chance.

Agreed that you want slanted and curved. The curve follows the contour across the body (in the top to bottom direction). If you get flat ones, you may want to get them into shape over time by screwing them in a little at a time (especially if you notice the screws slipping at all).

Be careful when tightening the screws into the body of the guitar. Look at the gap between the ring and the body and stop tightening when the gap is gone or almost gone (don't strip the thread by over tightening). Do it by sight not by feel (because you are driving the screw into wood, not metal).

Latest Threads