Pickups - stock Burstbucker 61 vs Slash Alnico II Pro

digitaljackson

Reaction score
New owner of a 2020 Les Paul 60s standard with the 61 pickup set. I also bought a set of Slash Alnico II Pro pickups with the intention to replace the 61 set, but find I'm really liking the 61s so far (playing through a Marshall DSL 40CR). Has anyone done a swap of 61 set to Slash set and can offer a comparison between the two? My concern is the Slash set might not be as versatile as the 61 set. I like to play a lot of different types of music and the 61s sound great even with high gain... not sure if the Slash set will do the same.

mjross

Reaction score
As I’ve gotten older ( much older) I’ve found that if I “really like” something, don’t mess with it. It’s that old engineer in me surfacing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That’s just me! YMMV...

pondcaster

Reaction score
... but find I'm really liking the 61s so far (playing through a Marshall DSL 40CR). I like to play a lot of different types of music and the 61s sound great even with high gain... not sure if the Slash set will do the same.
Love the 61s! Thought I was a 57 classic guy until these came in my 60s Standard. Total convert here.

Latest Threads