Pickup winders Maryland?

Robert Parker

Reaction score
Gonna need a new neck pickup soon. Since all non-essential businesses in MD just got shutdown today for the COVID-19 issue, I wondered if there are any small-time winders in my local area I could look into ordering from. Trying to find ways to patronize the small, local businesses where I can.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
My shop used to be in Frederick, MD on N. Market St., right over the Starbucks downtown by the river walk. In 2015, I escaped and moved west, though.

I don't know of any other winders in Maryland (unless you count PRS, they do have a coil winding machine), but Lindy Fralin is just over the river in VA and a real nice fella. Peter Florence was right up the road in PA but he passed away last year, RIP.

You've got one of the world's best Master Luthiers, Phil Jacoby, at Philtone in Baltimore (and I know he's still up and running right now) and an absolutely top-shelf amp tech / engineer, Pete Cage, of Cage Amplifiers in Gaithersburg. I highly recommend getting to know those two.

Also worth checking out is my friend Ryan Fowler's shop on E. Joppa Rd. Ryan's Guitar Experience They've got all sorts of stuff, new and vintage, alike.

Latest Threads